Chapter 7: Dumb

3RD PERSON'S POV

She descended down the stairs, yawning and immediately noticed her guy friend in the living room, getting ready with his casual look. The girl had stayed up late at night due to what happened yesterday so right in the middle of the day, she decided to sleep at least to complete her required hours of sleep. Now that she just woke up, she found the person she tried to avoid for a little while just because she didn't know how to interact with him after what she witnessed yesterday outside.

"Where are you going today?" She forced her voice out to ask the guy who is trying his hair in front of the mirror.

"We have a gang meeting." Wakasa answered, glancing at her reflection on the mirror and immediately noticed how tired the girl looked. But as soon as she heard his answer, her eyes glimmer in excitement, completely forgetting the awkward feeling she's having.

"Really?? Can I come??" If it's about the gang then Takeomi, Senju and Benkei should be there as well.

"Huh?? No way." Wakasa frowned. Her tired looking state bothering him for some reason.

"Why not??" She scoffed and she zipped his lips shut, thinking of an answer. It's not that he didn't want her to come, it's just he didn't want her to expose to such environment again remembering to what happened to their friend, Shinichiro.

"You'll only cause troubles." He blankly replied and despite feeling her chest tightening, the girl pouted, crossing her arms like a child.

"Harsh!!" Motivated to go with him to see their friends, She grabbed into the hem of his shirt making him turn to look at her with a confused look. "I promise to behave! Just take me with you! I don't want to spend my day alone." She clasped her hands together and activated her puppy eyes at him, hoping it'll have at least a slight effect on the man.

"You know that's not gonna work on me, Y/N." He raised a brow at her but within, a smile has almost made its way to his lips, admiring the H/C colored haired girl's childish behaviour.

Noticing he's serious, she let out a defeated sigh and made her way to the kitchen, murmuring to herself.

"At least I tried." She said and like a dog, retreated with its ears down.

Feeling guilty at her sudden behaviour without at least pestering him around the whole time to get his permission, Wakasa stopped her by speaking once again.

"Fine, you can come. Just make sure to stick with me when we get there. Brahman has a lot of members, you might get lost in the crowd." It's not like he'd want to witness her tantrums again anyway.

Y/N grinned widely and with an eye-closed smile, she turned to him and beamed happily.

"Okay!!"

She didn't waste any time and immediately got ready to leave the house. It didn't took them long to reach the meeting place and Y/N stood there with awe as she eyed the whole crowd inside the place that seemed like an arena.

"Oh—Y/N!!" She whipped her head when she heard a familiar jolly voice and a smile instantly made its way to her lips as she spread her arms wide for the girl.

"SENJUU!!" The two girls happily welcomed each other with their arms. Takeomi followed behind his sister and grinned when he noticed the H/C haired girl in front.

"I see you're with us today." He raised his brows at her and Y/N giggled like a child as she jumped in front of him excitedly.

"Mhm! Waka asked me to come!" She teased.

"No, I didn't." Wakasa immediately defended.

"Yes, you did." She replied, flashing him an innocent-looking face.

They all laughed when Wakasa only scoffed in response, knowing it's their same way of pissing him off. They all know what really happened but in order to tease the man, they would always say stuff that he wouldn't do and the others will follow.

However, their bonding was cut too short when a girl approached Wakasa. With the same hairstyle and style, Y/N immediately recognised the girl. It's almost as if her mood went down in an instant when she saw Wakasa entertain her as she smile at him shyly.

"Wakasa, hi."

"Hey." He replied and soon they were engaged in a conversation with the others only watching them intently especially one who stared at them blankly, feeling knives stab her chest continuously, seeing the pair laugh with each other casually.

The others were quick to notice her change of mood and started to think of a way to make her feel better, knowing exactly what's happening between the two.

"She's Fumiko. She's been trying to get on Wakasa but don't worry, Waka isn't interested in her." Senju was the first one to talk who obviously didn't take a liking to the brunette conversing with their friend. Benkei nodded his head in agreement while Takeomi added that he was never in favour of that girl to go for Wakasa.

The brunette that Wakasa was talking to happened to be the sister of one of Brahman's members and has taken an interest in their friend when they met each other.

Y/N turned to them and this time, her face finally showed an emotion but she was rather confused by their words and the sudden hate that the innocent girl was receiving.

"What are you talking about? Whether Waka's interested in her or not is none of my business. I may joke around and flirt with him but that's just that. Nothing more and nothing less." She started, swallowing the lump in her throat for her words that seemed like a lie the moment it slipped from her tongue. She knew that they still think that she's into Wakasa but she was convinced that she was over him for a long time. At least that's what she kept telling herself these years. And even if she still does have feelings for the guy, she believes she doesn't have the right to interrupt with his love interest like she did before.

"C'mon! Why don't you guys tour me around while Wakasa's busy with his chick?" She quickly turned around and walked to the crowd, roaming her eyes around the place to distract herself from the scene, hoping the pain in her chest would go away.

The three stared at her back as they followed her.

"She still likes him, alright." Senju whispered to the two men, making sure the female in front of them won't hear their conversation.

"Indeed she does." Takeomi nodded before frowning. "Why is she denying it now anyway? She's been so open with her feelings for Waka before." His younger sister immediately bopped her head in agreement before Benkei spoke up behind them who also decided to leave Wakasa behind.

"We never really know what's on her mind."

The siblings looked at him before shifting their gazes behind him where Wakasa stood with the girl while staring at their direction. When they looked back to the front, they realised that a member has approached the H/C colored haired girl already who she started to have a conversation with.

"Waka's just the same. Although, it's been obvious to us already that he likes her." Senju laughed to which Takeomi followed.

"He's really convinced we don't know of his crying when Y/N disappeared all of a sudden in college." The three of them laughed in unison, finding the couple's situation complicated and funny at the same time.

Y/N on the other hand didn't fail to notice their loud laughter despite the loudness of the crowd surrounding them. She looked at them, questioning them with her eyes that seemed to be in pain at the moment but Senju only smiled at her sweetly, telling her everything's fine.

"He's just as dumb as Shin when it comes to girls." Takeomi leaned in to whisper at the two suddenly feeling pity for the girl in front of them who's obviously forcing to distract herself with other things besides the guy they just left behind.

"I totally agree on that." The light haired sibling sighed out loud in frustration before glaring at Wakasa's direction to which he noticed immediately but not until they heard Benkei added.

"Both of those two are."