Chapter 36: Scared

3RD PERSON'S POV

"Don't you think that you should be resting by now? Because I really think you should." The man said while untying his long hair from a ponytail. Y/N ignored his words and remained on her spot in front of the sink with a plate filled with soap bubbles in hand.

"These injuries are nothing, okay? I've dealt more than this. And I was able to return safe and sound, right?" She insisted, not wanting to lay down and rest for the whole day.

"Stop it already, just let me do the dishes." Wakasa let out a frustrated sigh. He can't help but worry that she has just return from a fight injury and yet she keeps on insisting to do house chores when he's all free and can handle stuff by himself.

"No!" She pouted and continued washing the plate when she noticed him storming towards her way.

"Y/N—!!" Without another second, the H/C haired girl took hold of the extended faucet and aimed it directly to the man who attempted to go near her, in hopes to stop him on his tracks. But she accidentally pushed it to the highest pressure, causing the water to splash all over Wakasa's face and drip down to his already wet shirt.

Y/N's eyes widened as she eyed the man who stood unmoved on his place with his eyes closed, trying to calm himself from bursting. But she failed to notice the dark aura surrounding him and instead laughed at his state.

"Oh look, Waka. It seems like you need to go and take a bath now." She teased and Wakasa glared at her and mumbled to himself, swearing.

"You idiot." He used his fingers to comb his now wet hair out of his face and slicked it back. With a threatening look, he slowly walked towards the girl. She froze when she noticed that the man was serious and out of fear, she stuttered.

"Don't come near me, I swear I'll—"

"You'll what?" He huffed, looking down at her while she struggled in thinking of a warning but couldn't come up with anything until her eyes landed on the thing she's holding.

"Splash you some more water..?" She said in an obviously unsure tone.

However, the man only raised his brow, thinking how ridiculous of a threat it is that she made to him. Without further ado, he took another step closer to her and instantly regretted it when for the second time, he felt a strong pressure hit his face, splashing all over the place. She panicked when he stopped and she quickly tried to stop the water but unfortunately, it only caused her to wet him more as she pointed it towards his body.

As soon as she was done turning the faucet off, she chuckled nervously while scratching the back of her head, guilty. In front of her, the man stood all soaked in cold water while hanging his head low, irritated.

'Fuck, I panicked and accidentally turned it on when he came closer.' She thought to herself while watching him unclench his fists on his sides. 'But I already warned him... is he mad?' She gulped in nervousness and decided to take a step back.

"You know what? I think you're right, you should do the dishes this time." Untying her apron, she skipped on her way towards the kitchen's entrance, feeling shivers running down her spine as she can sense the stare from the person from behind is giving her.

"Y/N." Was all he said but it was enough to make the girl jump in fright and squeal.

"Eeeckk!! I'M SORRY—!!" Without hearing another word from him, she zapped out of the kitchen and sprinted towards her room, scared that she pissed him off badly.

After taking a nice shower, Wakasa is now resting on the sofa while reading a book with his glasses on. In his peripheral vision, he caught sight of the girl peeking from a corner like a kid who did something naughty. With a sigh, he turned to look at her. She flinched when their eyes met. Knowing it's too late to back down, she smiled at him awkwardly.