Chapter 29: Mistakes

YOUR POV

I was just sitting on the sand, watching them from afar as I'm making myself busy with the snacks. I don't know how many times I've cursed myself since they started swimming. How could I be so stupid? I was the one who suggested to go to the beach without thinking that I can't use revealing clothes. And now I'm stuck here just watching and wrapped up in my own clothing to cover up my tattoo. At this point, it's not surprising at all if people will recognise me in an instant due to this tattoo.

While watching from afar, I saw Senju wave at me and I returned it with a smile. Somehow being around them messes up my mind, knowing I haven't told them yet besides Omi and Waka. The guilt is eating me up of course. I know I can't keep on like this. Maybe I should've just told them from the start...

"Everyone's enjoying, what are you doing here alone?" A shadow loomed over me. I look up to see Wakasa holding two cups of juice or soda probably as he stood there with his summer shirt unbuttoned, exposing the front of his top body. It took me a lot of effort to control my eyes and not let them land anywhere but his eyes.

My God, why does he have to be like that?

"I just..." I quickly stop myself before I could say anything. I wouldn't want to cause a drama here even if it's just the two of us. I quickly shook my head and averted my gaze. "Nothing. I was just thinking."

"About?" He sat down beside me, handing me the other cup. I thanked him but didn't bother answering his question.

When he noticed that I'm not replying, he sighed before speaking, changing the subject.

"You can remove it now, you know." I was confused for a moment until I realised he was pertaining to shirt that's covering my arms. I shot him a troubled look.

"Huh?" Is he trying to be dumb or he's just really dumb? "If you wanted to see me naked that badly, you could've just said so." I tried to joke about it but he ignored it completely and asked me a question instead.

"Do you really not trust our friends?" I frown at his words. How in the world did me covering myself escalated into trust? "Do you think they're stupid?"

"What? Of course I don't, you meanie." I glared at him. Why would I even think that? I'm starting to think he's the one stupid here.

He took a deep breath before speaking again.

"Y/N, whatever it is that you're trying to hide, they already know about it. Whether it's you running away from home or from your groom, they know. They watch the news too." He sent me an obvious look before turning towards the others. I followed his gaze and when they noticed us staring, they all called for us to join them but Wakasa only turned to me. "Do they look like they give a damn that you're here spending your time with us?" My eyes widened, finally getting what he's trying to say.

He's right. I should've expected that they all found out about it already without needing me to tell them directly. I was the one who's stupid all along. I can't believe I didn't realise it sooner. If they really didn't care for me anymore, they wouldn't even welcome me back after being away for a long time. I forgot the most important thing between us. The thing that's strongest in our bond.

Our friendship.

And it wasn't just any friendship bond. They're already like a family to me.

Feeling my eyes sting, I puffed my cheeks to prevent myself from sobbing. Suddenly, a small flick on my forehead made me whine.

"When.Will.You.Learn." Wakasa repeatedly tapped my forehead with his forefinger emphasising every word he said. I quickly covered my forehead before he could even do anything more to it. "You're so annoying. Stop thinking that we won't accept you just because of that. I was stupid to scold you that way and I acknowledge my mistake. So should you." He was frowning and yet I can feel he didn't mean his words in an offensive way. And to be honest, I felt relieved that he's telling me all these. It feels like a burden is being lifted off my shoulder, considering I have them believing in me.