Chapter 50: The Densest

3RD PERSON'S POV

Silence engulfed them and the girl couldn't stop herself from biting her lip out of anxiousness. She's really nervous of what might happen. And seeing that the man seem to be taken aback and speechless by her sudden confession, it only worsened her emotions as she started to overthink.

"This is probably going to ruin our friendship." She chuckled awkwardly while trying to lighten up the mood that has put such a heavy weight on her at that moment.

However, for the man beside her, he didn't know how to react. He was too stunned to even show how overwhelmed he is. He felt so happy yet so confused. He didn't know how it all led to this. It wasn't the answer he was expecting from her but it was the best he could get. He couldn't believe his ears. Words can't express his feelings at this time so he could only stay silent, struggling to find the right words to tell the girl.

But Y/N was feeling too much of it. She couldn't sense the bright mood that the man beside her is radiating. Rather, she was focused on her negative thoughts. She looked down in dismay, scared to meet his eyes, thinking he'll look at her with disgust or rejection which she feared the most from him.

She couldn't take it anymore so she tried to pull herself up in hopes to leave for her room to at least calm herself down... or let her emotions all out. At least to shed her tears for herself out of pity.

"I'm sorry. Maybe we should just talk another time about it." When she was able to stand up, she quickly turned around and started to walk away slowly until a hand clasped around her wrist.

She froze on her tracks when she realized Wakasa stopped her. She's cursing inwardly, nervous of what he'll say to her. She's starting to regret telling him her feelings so openly without even considering the consequences.

But the multicolor haired man remained calm as he pried for some answers to some of the questions lingering in his mind after her confession.

"Since when?" He's baffled of it. He can't even tell when she started to see him so differently than just a friend. And he's cursing himself for not noticing it sooner. He would've gone and did the first move if he knew. "Since when have you started having those feelings?" He didn't even bothered to look up, the same with Y/N who didn't bothered looking down to him. They both didn't try to look at each other as they kept the conversation going.

She was hesitant at first to tell him. But considering the situation they're in, there really is no use for her to hide such things anymore. After all, she already said it. So with a shy voice, she answered.

"High school."

At her answer, Wakasa's eyes widened in shock.

His chest started to tighten as memories started to flash in his mind.

"I like you, Wakasa!!" The girl shouted from the third floor of their school building through the open window while looking down at the light haired boy below who only looked up at her in annoyance. And when he continued walking, ignoring her words, she pouted like a kid as her classmates teased her about it.

That was the time when Y/N used to pester him all the time with such straightforward confessions, not knowing it was real since he thought she's only being playful.

Just then, another memory flashed in his mind, recalling their time together on a Valentine's day.

Wakasa felt a shadow loom over his face and he opened his eyes only to be greeted by her bright E/C ones as she stare down at him lying on the ground.  She's crouching down as she rested her chin on both of her palms while grinning widely at the guy.