Chapter 33: Missing

3RD PERSON'S POV

"Where the hell is she??" The long haired man kept on pacing back and forth, unable to ignore the churning of his stomach due to his worrying. It's already getting late when he reached home but he was surprised to see no one waiting for him. Now it's already almost midnight still with the girl nowhere near in sight. Wakasa could no longer keep calm about it as he already tried calling her many times.

With one last call that only ended up with a ring, he didn't waste a second in quickly making his way towards his friend's house whom he suspected had took in the girl... again.

He knocked on the door and waited after receiving a response from inside. He waited while tapping his shoe on the concrete floor continuously, not being able to stay composed. He couldn't help but think of many negative thoughts lurking in his mind at that moment, only creating more fear in him relating to the E/C eyed girl.

Takeomi who was now confused at the sudden knocking in the middle of the night made his way to the door with a frown visible on his face. But as soon as he opened the door, he was surprised to see his friend outside.

"Yo, Waka. What are you doing here at this hour?" He yawned but the man only raised a doubting brow at him.

"Be honest with me, is Y/N here?" Takeomi grew confused at the sudden question at this late night.

"Huh? No, she isn't." Before he could even ask about what happened, his little sister's voice chimes in from behind him.

"Omi—oh! Waka, you're here! Where's Y/N?" She jumped to her brother's side, peeking to see if the girl is around but there was no sign of Y/N coming along. Takeomi quickly took the chance to insert his question before anything.

"What happened? Don't tell me you two fought again?" He crossed his arms like a dad getting tired of his kids' quarrels.

"No." Wakasa immediately reacted, triggered at his friend's question as he thought about what happened the night before.

'She couldn't be mad at me about last night... right? She didn't even look upset.' He thought to himself, recalling how they were just having a comfortable time with each other earlier morning.

"We were in good terms. She was even cheerful this morning. I wasn't able to keep an eye on her because I went to the gym." He ran his palms across his face in frustration, feeling his worries build up even more now that he knows Y/N isn't here with the Akashi siblings. "I just got home and she wasn't there." The man pulled his phone up once again only to see no message nor a call from the H/C haired girl. "She's not answering my calls either."

He couldn't convince himself to stay calm when she's not back yet and without even telling him anything. He knows Y/N would always let someone know when she goes or comes back late. So receiving no update from her was alarming to him especially on her current situation.

'I shouldn't have left her.'

"Chill, dude. Maybe she went somewhere. Clubbing maybe or something?" The dark haired man tried to calm him by thinking of some possibilities but to his dismay, Wakasa wasn't fazed.

"She won't go alone, you know that." He shook his head in disagreement as if he knows the girl all too well for him to believe such detail.

"Yeah, Waka's right and we're the only ones she trusts this time because of her situation." The short haired girl intervened as she listened to their conversation. She is also starting to get worried as she's already aware of Y/N's situation of being a runaway and a missing person. "Have you tried calling Benkei?" She continued and once again, Wakasa shook his head, no.

"I was with Benkei at the gym." He replied. He was sure that Benkei also has no idea of the girl's whereabouts since he was with him the whole time.

"You're too worried." Takeomi said. As someone who witnessed Y/N win over multiple armed men, Takeomi is convinced the girl will be able to make a way out if she encountered some guys once again. The girl's abilities aren't a joke so he's not working as much as his friend in front of him who can't even calm himself down.

"Of course he is. What if she was caught by those guys who were after her??" Senju frowned at her older brother but her words only made Waka worry even more. Takeomi sighed and turned to the other man again to ask.

"Is there something odd in your house? Like a proof that someone broke in?" Even though he trusts they're currently missing friend, it's still better to make sure the situation isn't at worst. After recalling the details at his home, Wakasa shook his head, not finding anything weird when he entered the house when he got home earlier. "She must've gone out by herself then."

"She didn't even tell me."

"You're stressing yourself too much, Wakasa. We still can't jump to conclusions when we don't know how long she's been away." Considering that Wakasa didn't even see her leave the house at what time, they can't assume that she's already gone missing. She might've just left the house the moment he got home. They can't report this incident to the police either so they have no other option but to wait. "We need to wait for her until morning." He suggested and took a step to the side, making way for the man to come in.

"You can stay here if you don't feel safe staying alone at home tonight." But at his offer, Wakasa only shook his head again, declining his kind offer.

"The more reason for me to go home. She might come back later." He's more worried to leave the house alone, knowing it could be dangerous when she comes back with no one at home.

"She will."

As Wakasa left the place, he still can't get rid of the bad feeling he's having. A very bad feeling about the situation that's making him seriously uncomfortable and overthink even more. All he could do that moment is hope that the girl is somewhere safe.

Leaving a building, a blond girl stomped her way out with a phone against her ear as she talked to the other person on the line. With her heels clicking on the concrete ground, she passed by a dark alley where she noticed something catching her attention making her stop on her tracks. Still listening to the other person on the line, she slowly approached the figure hiding behind the shadows who seemed to be out of breath.

"Yeah, book me a flight tomorrow night. I'm done with this shitty partnershi—!!" She froze when she neared the person who's sitting on the ground and leaning against the wall. The lights coming from the vehicles passing by made it possible for her to recognise the person. "I'll call you later." She said while turning from side to side to check the surroundings. Before the person could say something, she quickly ended the call and insert it in her pocket.

"Y/N?!" She quickly kneeled down to get a proper view of her friend. With heavy eyelids, Y/N tried her best to open her eyes when she heard a familiar voice call out to her.

"A-Astrid..." However, she quickly shut her mouth when she tried to move her weakened body which caused pain to her open wound. As soon as Astrid realized her friend's current state, her eyes widened in shock.

"Shit!"