Chapter 52: Better Hurry

3RD PERSON'S POV

Classes already ended thirty minutes ago and Benkei along with Takeomi were walking inside the campus of another school, looking for their friend—Shinichiro when someone bumped into Benkei. He was about to react when he heard the voice of his friend apologize to him in a hurry. But the guy didn't even give him a glance as he continued to walk in a fast pace to a certain direction.

Curious, he called out to him.

"Yo, Wakasa! Where are you going??" Wakasa didn't bother to look at him but he managed to recognize the voice, aware that Benkei came to meet up with him and Shin. So he answered without giving it much thought.

"I need to meet someone quick. Don't wait for me." Wakasa then jogged on his way, feeling his heart race in fatigue and nervousness. For the whole day, he couldn't keep it out of his mind. The words that the girl told him.

'I'll be confessing to him today after class.'

He knows there's no need for him to check out who the guy is, considering the girl never told him about that guy that she liked for a while now. He doesn't understand the feeling he's having at the moment. Out of curiosity, ever since the bell rang for dismissal, he didn't waste a chance and immediately searched for the girl who apparently is nowhere in sight.

As the light haired man move farther, Benkei felt a weird feeling wash over him and he frowned as he watched his friend's figure disappear into the distance.

"Why do I feel odd about this?" Benkei nodded his head in agreement to Takeomi's remark.

"Let's go follow him." He said and Takeomi agreed. Both of them made their way to catch up with their friend who seem to be acting weird.

However, on Wakasa's side, he was still roaming around the school grounds when he passed by his usual spot where he would often stay to hide from the rest.

"You idiot!" He froze when he heard the girl's voice. The one who he's been looking for. Stopping on his tracks, he turned to check the place only for him to grow stiffened at the sight in front of him.

Y/N was standing right under the tree where he and she often standby.

But she wasn't alone.

Someone was standing along with her, caging her in his arms.

And that someone was none other than...

"Stop teasing me! Sano Shinichiro!" She squirmed from his hold and sent a punch on his stomach, causing the male to let go of her while crouching slightly in pain. However, something fell to the ground which caught Wakasa's attention.

"Ouch!! You're gonna ruin the gift!" Shinichiro quickly picked up the hand-sized box and blew the dirt away from it. "You didn't even sleep last night for this." He said, patting it softly with a smile on his face.

Wakasa felt his blood run cold in that instant as his body went cold with his face pale. He had recognised the box. It was the box that Y/N showed him earlier this morning when she told him that she'll be confessing to someone in the same day.

Piece by piece and dot by dot, Wakasa started to connect everything and make sense of it.

'Shinichiro?' He thought to himself, feeling his heart break at the sudden realization.

He didn't know what he was expecting. He didn't even try hoping for it to be him. But for some reason, it hurt him so much to see his bestfriend receive the love confession of the girl that he likes.