Chapter 6: Old Friend

YOUR POV

"You going somewhere today?" I swung my leg under the table, waiting for Waka to serve the last dish we're having for breakfast. I thought to myself for an answer to his question, remembering that I left a lot of things back at our residence.

"Oh I'll probably just go shopping to buy some things that I'll need." I said as he sat across me, nodding his head lightly.

"I see."

"Aww you're not going with me?" I pouted, hoping he'll accompany me to the mall today. I'm probably hoping for too much from him when he would surely not bother doing so.

"Why would I?" He raised a brow at me and I puffed my cheeks at his cold demeanour. Remind me how I like his company again?

"So cold." After thanking for the food, I decided to ask him another question out of curiosity. "How about you? Do you have somewhere to go?" And without even giving it a second thought, he answered.

"Yeah."

"Aww bummer." So that's why he can't come with me. It must be something important then. Maybe work? Is he even working at this day when it's weekend? I should probably go visit him sometime if he's off to work.

If he's not going to work today then...

"Wait—are you meeting Takeomi and the others?" My eyes must've sparkled in excitement when he looked up at me from his food with brows raised. If he's meeting with them then maybe they can come with me too!

"Yeah."

"Can I come with??" I asked almost pleadingly.

"No." My shoulders backed down in disappointment as my lips turned into a pout.

"Why not??"

"Just because." I frowned at his answer. I squinted my eyes at him suspiciously. Why wouldn't he want me to go with them anyway? Even though it's about their gang, I wouldn't cause trouble with it anyway. But there's no point in arguing once Wakasa made up his mind.

"Psh fine."

After having breakfast, I quickly get ready to go out. With a white polo underneath my pastel colored sweatshirt, I paired it with white skirt and a pair of sneakers. The usual style I'd go with to hide some things that shouldn't be seen by the others. By the time I got out of the room, Wakasa was no longer home so I took it that he already went out.

Maybe he was in such hurry that he forgot to say goodbye nor leave some reminders.

Ignoring his mean behavior, I left the house with a huff and stomped my way towards the transportation.

The ride was silent and boring without any of my friends with me. If Senju and the others were here, I would've been so loud. I released a sigh, pulling down my cap to shadow my face from the sight of the other people I'm passing.

Though my day was lonely without them, I still continued to buy the stuffs I need and soon, I didn't realize that it's almost time for me to go back. However, I decided to stop by a coffee shop on my way home. While in lane, I spot a familiar blond and purple hairstyle on a table far from the entrance. My breathing hitched and I felt my heart drop when I saw the one and only Wakasa Imaushi with a girl spending time together on their own.