Chapter 18: Runaway Bride

WAKASA'S POV

Sitting by the end of the stairs, I waited for Y/N's return with the wet shirt in my hands. While she was away, I found her shirt in a bowl filled with reddish water in the bathroom sink earlier. Turns out the water's color has changed due to the red stains on her shirt which I assumed is a person's blood. I don't know why but I feel like she has something to do with what I saw on the news earlier regarding the men that were tailing us at the mall. I don't know how it makes sense that's why I wanted to talk to her.

Could she have done it? Or was it Takeomi? But he wouldn't do that by himself, would he? Why am I even suspecting the two of them, in the first place?

For the hundredth time, I sighed in frustration. I feel tired just by thinking about it. I want to know everything already and I can't do that if she isn't here with me. Hell, she didn't even want to talk to me. And Takeomi too! Acting as if I didn't hear her screaming in the background.

I look up to the clock to see that it's already past midnight.

"It's already late. That brat sure is taking her time at Takeomi's place." I clench my fists in annoyance as I face the door once again with a glare.

Is she even coming home?

As soon as I thought of this, my gaze went to the dining area where the food on the table is probably already cold by now. I felt bad when she ran away earlier and thought I'll make her something as an apology for when she comes back. I didn't know she won't be back this late.

Did I hurt her that badly?

Looking back at the stained shirt in my hand, I sighed, giving up at the thought of her coming home tonight. If she's at the Akashis then she'll be fine. As long as she's safe then...

"Well, I guess I'll be eating all alone tonight again." I stood up and walked towards the table.

Somehow the idea of eating alone makes me feel lonely. What's with me anyway? It's not like we've spent our entire lives with each other and yet she's only been gone for a few hours and I'm already acting like as if I lost the person I'm used to be with since childhood.

With the first spoonful of food that I shoved in my mouth, I tasted nothing. Her words kept repeating in my mind and I can't help but lose my appetite. Her cheerful expression that continued to fill my messed up mind made my heart clench.

A promise, huh?

With a chuckle, I shook my head, thinking who between us broke the promise first as I whisper to myself. Never thought I'll take a silly promise seriously.

"Silly girl."

After eating, I took a shower, getting ready for bed. As I pass down the corridor while drying my hair with the towel, I glance at the door in contemplation.

"Should I just leave the door open in case she comes home?" I asked myself, thinking she probably doesn't have any spare key when she just took off like that. If she comes home and I'm already asleep, I am NOT going to get up for her stubborn ass. She's probably already asleep at Takeomi's anyway but... "Fuck this." I cursed and unlocked the door while a part of me continued hoping she'll be back even if it's already this late.

I know it's dangerous to leave the door like that when I'm at my vulnerable state but it's worse if she stayed alone outside.

I made my way back to the living room just right in time another international news came up. Frowning at the screen, I turned the volume up when something caught my attention.

"The daughter of the famous owner of the company L/N in America, Y/N L/N have gone missing on her wedding day. The father of the bride is ready to offer a huge amount of money to the person who can bring back his daughter to him."

I froze when the newscaster mentioned her name. But what caused me to be baffled were the words he said right after.

Bride? Wedding?

Just what in the world did Y/N got herself into?

On the screen, showed an old man who looked a lot like her while announcing something to the media but his words were blocked out of my mind as he spoke in a different language. Y/N's father. He even offered a huge amount of money to get her back.

Just what in the world happen to them?

"We tried to ask the groom who happened to be the son of the famous model, Careine Valencia, about this situation but he only refused to answer any questions regarding his fiance."

Suddenly, they flashed a footage of a man in suit walking into a building who didn't even give the camera a single glance. Base on what the reporter said, I'm guessing that is Y/N's fiance. He looked fierce and all. A good-looking and seemed like a successful businessman.

"Y/N... was about to get married?" I whispered to myself, observing the man on the screen. He might even be her type so why?

Why would she run away from them?

Before I could even dig in further in my thoughts, the sound of someone knocking at my door reached my ears. I felt my heart jump and quickly turned to rush to the door, thinking it's her.

It should be her.

"Y/N, I'm—Takeomi?" I paused when the moment I opened the door, I was greeted by a man instead who shushed me quickly.  My eyes then trailed to his shoulder when I noticed his build got bigger. There, I saw Y/N's head laying on his shoulder as he carried her on his back and it looked like she's unconscious when she didn't even give me a glance.

"She's fast asleep. She wanted to stay there for the night but I figured out you need to fix things between you two, seeing how worried you were. I hope the given time was enough for you to think everything through." He said as he welcomed himself in.

I helped him with Y/N in transferring her sleeping figure to my arms. Carrying her now by myself, the smell of alcohol reached my nose, and I noticed her flushed cheeks and reddish eyelids with her lashes wet. I frowned and turned to Takeomi who eyed the whole room.

"Has she been crying?" I asked and he raised his brows at me before shrugging his shoulders.

"Oh, we watched some pretty good drama so she ended up bawling her eyes out."

"Oh." Was the only thing I could say. Despite what Takeomi said, a part of me felt like it wasn't just that. And it's killing me, knowing I must be somewhat a part of the reason why she's in this state.

When I felt her bury her face on my neck to find a comfortable position, I quietly made my way to her room to which Omi followed.

"I personally want her to stay with me and Senju, knowing how blunt and insensitive you can be to her." He said and I only sighed in response. I wouldn't want to argue with that after what just happened. "But she won't choose to stay here with you for no reason, in the first place."

I laid her down on the bed and tucked her in, pushing the hair strands away from her face.

Remembering what we talked on the phone, I started.

"I saw it... on the news. She was supposed to marry her fiancé before she went missing." Takeomi must know about it as well if he knew that she ran away from home. However, he didn't gave me the answer I'm looking for as he sighed loudly.

"That's a story for her to tell. What she'll tell you might be something complicated to understand but..." I look up to meet his hardened gaze at me and his expression nothing but seriousness. "Will you accept her if she told you everything? Are you sure you won't react the same way you just did today? Are you even ready to hear her story?" He continued and I creased my brows in response. Would I even try to ask now if I'm not ready? "Because if you aren't then I'm taking her back with me." I glare at him when he said those words.

He just said it, himself that she chose to stay here.

With me.

"She's staying with me until we fix this."

___________
Author's Note:
Come on, Omi. Don't be shy, punch him... Jk, I don't wanna ruin Waka's pretty face :3