Chapter 24: A First

3RD PERSON'S POV

"Let me see your bump." His thumb and forefinger took hold of her chin, making her face him directly. His other hand went to touch the part where he accidentally hit her earlier when he entered. "Does it hurt?" The girl's usual childish personality came back and she pouted while nodding her head.

"A lot more than when you rejected me." She joked and Wakasa only gave her his usual stoic look. "I'm kidding. I'm kidding." Seeing as it is done, Y/N started to button up her shirt.

As she was doing so, a hand came up to the side of her face, pushing strands of her H/C colored hair to the side. She looked up and noticed that he is already leaning on his left arm with his head slightly tilted to the side. With how close they are, they could literally feel their breath fanning against each other's faces.

"Waka?" Her voice came out as a whisper, suddenly conscious of the man as his hand that was cold earlier seem to grow warmer against her skin. With Wakasa being taller than her, she's practically being loomed over as she gripped tightly on the sink. Wakasa is seriously letting out an intense aura and it's making her feel small to which she gulped down and realizing her throat's been dry.

"I told you I'm a man, didn't I?" He suddenly said lowly while eyeing her from her eyes to her lips and right below her neck. Her eyes widened and raised a finger, pointing at him.

"Eh?! You—you're the one who wanted to see my scars!" She pertained to what happened probably a minute ago. However, Wakasa wasn't even thinking about it when he was too occupied of the thought of her past experiences with her scars.

He didn't know to himself but suddenly having the girl open up to him like this even though she's forced to do so made him feel like he's more on the same level of his self-percieved rival—Shinichiro. Even when Shinichiro has no interest in capturing the girl's heart, Wakasa had always seen him as his love rival because he often thought that they were closer than he ever was to the girl.

And so, today made him feel that she can also depend on him the way she did to their old best friend. Yet he can't help but find himself ridiculous as he's being competitive with someone who's no longer with them.

"You're always so loud." He sighed.

"Your ears are just too sensitive." She pouted once more like a kid.

Somehow, the urge to do things to her that normal friends don't do is stronger at right this moment. And her pouting her lips the way she's doing currently isn't helping at all. He have always wanted to claim her enticing lips. And it has always been hard for him to not break down his walls when she's near him. Yet today feels different.

He suddenly wants to just let her know.

To let her know how much he treasures her even when he can't seem to do things right.

His ran his thumb unconsciously across her bottom lip and it made a shiver run down her spine. She stuttered in speaking his name in a low voice in panic. Raising a brow, Wakasa, leaned forward towards her, leaving only an inch apart from each other as he hummed in reply and staring deeply into her eyes.

She was dumbfounded and speechless. She can't even form a sentence in her own mind. All she can think of was how close they are and how fast her heart was beating.

This kind of act would've scared her. If other men did the same, she would've started panicking right now with only the fear of what Calix did to her in her mind. And yet the one in front of her isn't any other man. It's the man she loves. Her bestfriend. His touch didn't scream any threat to her and instead, she can only feel his warmth and the affection through it.