Chapter 60: Awake

3RD PERSON'S POV

~A week ago~

Almost five days after the fire incident, Y/N woke up in a familiar bright room. She roamed her eyes on every corner, trying to recognise the room. She can tell that she's been here before but for some reason, her mind won't properly work that she can't even recognise the place that quick.

"You're finally awake." A familiar voice reached her ears and she slowly turned to the side of the bed, just noticing the presence of a man who stood up in a hurry from his seat and approached her. "My daughter." The side of her bed dipped when he sat on it and took hold of her hand and pulling it to his cheek as he silently thank the Gods for waking her daughter up. Finally.

But Y/N's mind is still in faze. She was too slow to recognise the person in an instant. It felt like she's still adjusting to everything that's around her... slowly.

"D-Dad?" She struggled in muttering, still with her voice hoarse and silent as soon as her vision adjusted. When her eyes met his, she can see tears forming in his eyes as he stare down at her.

"I'm so glad you're awake." He smiled while caressing her cheek with his other hand. As soon as he mentioned being awake, Y/N looked around once again with tired and droopy eyes. She's still feeling slow in processing everything in mind as she frown, realizing she's in her bedroom in their house located in the private island that their family own.

"What happened? Why am I here?" She turned to look to the side, immediately noticing the tube connected to her arm.

"You got caught in the raid. I'm sorry we were too late to come to your rescue." Her father apologized and looked down to the sheets on her. At his words, a series of flashbacks immediately made its way to Y/N's mind, causing her headache. The time when she struggled so much in going back to the cabin. The explosion. The voice that she heard. Wakasa. "We found you stuck with a tree branch that fell on your legs." Her eyes slowly shifted to her father in confusion.

It was clear to her that it was Sebastian's voice that she heard that time. But why..? Why did she think Wakasa was there with her, also calling out to her name? Was she hallucinating all of that? On the verge of her own death at that time, it shouldn't be surprising.

All she does is call out to him everytime she's in danger.

She looked towards her legs, feeling something odd. Blinking many times, her breath hitched as she tried to move them with failure.

"I can't feel them..." her voice came out as a whisper while she stare blankly at the sheets where her legs are under. Once again, she tried to move it but there was not a single budge. She can only stare at it, thinking why her own body is not following her commands.

The older L/N felt his throat go dry. He wanted to hope that it's not what he's thinking it is and that his daughter will be fine. So clearing his throat, he stood up from the bed, feeling the nervousness creep up on him.

"I'll bring in the doctor."

It took quite a while in examining her condition once again when she's awake. And the whole time, her father stood by her side, listening to what the doctor has to say as he flipped on the pages of his papers in hand.

"You experienced a shock in your brain during the event which is why you'll be experiencing concussions but you'll be able to recover from it soon. You can also take the medications I prescribed for you to help with the symptoms." The doctor stated, giving his patient a look that's obviously telling her something. "As for your leg..." he paused for a moment while trying to keep his frown hidden from her. He racked his brain to think of a way that he won't worry her of her condition when her father cut off.