Chapter 46: Treat

YOUR POV

I made sure not to stand out from the crowd when I went to the town. I'm glad there aren't a lot of people today so I was able to explore more of the place since it's mostly Waka who would go here to buy some stuff. I'm lucky enough that he agreed to let me go out on my own this time since he's been so protective for the past days.

As I'm currently peeking at some stalls, a voice called out from my side.

"L/N?" I look up and saw a lady who seem to be of the same age as me. She stood tall with her high heels while wearing a revealing clothing. Her face is full of makeup making me not recognise her at first glance.

"Pardon?"

"Yume. From high school! Don't you remember??" Using her two fingers that's holding the cigarette in between, she pointed to herself. My eyes widen when I realised who she is.

Yume is actually a close friend of mine from way back in high school. Although she's one of the girls who simped over Waka, we pretty much got along well than the others. I lost connection with her when she went to a different school in college so it's been so long since we last saw each other.

I'm surprised she recognised me now.

"Oh Yume! Oh my, I didn't recognise you. You look so different! In a good way of course." I said, eyeing her figure. She looked so sexy and pretty. I didn't really expect her to be like this since she's been such a good girl type back in high school. But I guess humans do change a lot through time. "So how have you been?"

"I'm currently working as a waitress in a bar near here. Life's pretty tough when it comes to financial status, you know. How about you? I heard you went to the US in college." She said before sipping and puffing out the smoke from her cigarette, though making sure the smoke isn't directed at my direction.

"Oh yes, I lived with my father there." I smiled.

We had time so we strolled around together while catching up with each other. We've missed a lot so we had a pretty lengthy conversation while walking and stopping by some stores. Suddenly, we passed by a small stall where accessories are placed at the table which I found very pretty in sight.

"Wa—so cute." I immediately stopped on my tracks and touched one of the bracelets that I found the most eye-catching from the rest. Its chain has the right width, not too wide and not too thin. It has a face of a leopard in the middle and silver in color. It somehow reminded me of Wakasa from high school who used to be called the White Leopard in gangs.

"Oh? Isn't that thing for lovers?" I heard Yume's voice from behind me and I blinked twice, surprised at her words.

"Is it?" I turn to her with brows raised and she kept her eyes on the bracelet I'm holding while nodding her head.

"Some teen couples nowadays gift their lover accessories like that. As you can see, in that leopard, it has a glassy thing in the middle. If you flash a light from behind it, it will flash a hundred of the words 'I Love You' in one hundred different languages." I was amused at her explanation. It's interesting that someone came up with this idea. It's so sweet. "Young love, huh?" She commented and I can't help but ignore her words as I was busy thinking of Wakasa at that moment. "You can even give it to someone you like if you're too scared to confront them." I stiffened at her words. Though she knew nothing about my current status, her words hit hard. It felt like she knew I'm going through difficulties with my feelings at the moment.

I wanted to buy the one I'm holding for some reason...

But Yume's question got me contemplating.

"Speaking of, are you with someone at the moment, L/N?" I stiffened at her question.