Chapter 67: Sacrifice

WAKASA'S POV

How long has it been since the fight started?

How many minutes have passed since I faced Argus?

I can't even pay attention to what's happening in my surrounding anymore. I have been so focused in fighting Argus that I barely realized that my body is already screaming at me to stop pushing myself to its limits.

I'm getting tired.

We moved around a lot and after a cat and mouse chase with him in between fights, we somehow ended up on the second floor of the building near a broken glass window. He stood against it as if taunting me to come at him. And it is getting on my nerves.

No matter how many punches and kicks I throw at him, even if it lands on him, he is still standing as if all the bruises and wounds I gave him were of no effect on him. His arm is even broken! A not so good sight in my eyes that's making chills run down my spine at the view of it. He is indeed crazy. It's like he couldn't feel pain. Both of us are already breathing heavily with blood and sweats in our bodies and yet I'm the only who seem to be getting tired of this fight. He only seems to be enjoying this.

And it's infuriating!

With a click of my tongue, I gathered all my remaining strength and took a step back. Right. I have a mission today and it is to end things right here right now. I can't just give up midway and expect these enemies to not come after us afterwards... especially this Argus guy. I'm still mad and I don't think my mind would be cooling down any moment now because of every word he spat earlier. It's only making me crave more for his death.

I need to persevere through this.

For Y/N.

"Let's finish this now."

Taking in a deep breath, I pushed myself forward and towards him, ready to aim for his neck with the dagger in my hand. He only stood still with an irritating smirk plastered on his face as he waited for me to get nearer.

He managed to block my attack as he was already expecting it. Unfortunately, he was able to grab hold of my wrist and twist it, causing me to lower my guard because of the pain. Using it to his advantage, he raised his knee, making contact with my stomach as I crouch down due to its impact.

I coughed but was aware he wouldn't end there as he raised his other fist to hit me. I was quick to block it and use my chance to jump off the ground and twist my body on air, landing a kick on the side of his head. I made sure to drag it along and aim it to the ground, causing him to let go of my wrist.

And just like that, another round of our fight started... this time dangerously closer to the edge towards the window. And one of us is gonna go down through it. I just have to make sure that it won't be me.

It wasn't long enough until the universe sided with me.

He was already on the edge as he tried to pull me by my shirt. It was luck that my instincts kicked in on time and without a second thought, I raised my leg and kicked him on his chest.

And before I realized it, a loud irritating sound of the glass breaking reached my ears and right in front of me, I can only see Argus moving somehow slow in my point of view as he was pushed to the end before gravity started to pull his body to the ground in an instant.

I ran to the edge and saw him lying on the ground.

Both of his legs already twisted in a very odd manner as he was staring at the sky. He's broken all over and I can tell that he won't last long.