Chapter 13: Truth

YOUR POV

"Omi...?" He stood there at the end of the alley with disbelief and fear in his eyes as he watch me loom over the dead bodies in front of me. Shit. Just when I started to think of a way out. He looked frozen in his place and I can't help but feel bad for what he just witnessed and scared for how he would think of me from now on. "You saw it all?" I asked hesitantly. I have no way of excusing myself out of this scene.

However, he didn't answer and continued to stare at the scene in front of him. Getting worried, I turned my body towards him to explain everything when he suddenly took a step back with a shocked look on his face. I felt scared at how he is giving me that look and I quickly raised my hand to stop him, not wanting him to go without giving me a chance to speak up.

Great going, Y/N.

This isn't how I wanted them to know.

I never wanted them to know in the first place.

"W-Wait! Omi, you know I wouldn't hurt you." I felt my heart break when he took another step further from me and my eyes started to water, feeling my anxiety kick in.

No, please don't leave.

However, before a tear could escape my eye, Takeomi nod his head and raised his hands, signaling for me to calm down.

"Drop the gun, Y/N." Sniffing and holding back my tears, I nod my head and quickly obliged. I let the gun fall on the ground and kicked it towards his direction, still hoping he'll trust me on this.

Sighing in relief, he kicked the gun to the side and approached me. I looked down, scared of what he'll do. Am I gonna lose him? Is he gonna tell the others? Will he surrender me to the police or to my father if he knows? However, with all that worries, all I got was a soft pat on my shoulder. I look up and notice him inspecting the bleeding bodies on the ground with his forehead creased. I can tell he's still tense and shocked by the way he's holding me but then his focused look was quickly replaced by a surprised one.

"These guys..." He paused as if a realization just hit him. "They were the ones following us." He whipped his head towards me and I sighed.

"Not us." I corrected, shifting my gaze back to the bodies whose blood were straining the ground. "Just me." I blurted out, wanting to tell him how it got to this but Stop wanted to take it slow for him to process everything as he looked so troubled about the whole situation.

"Who are they?" He asked, keeping his composure despite what's laying in front of us.

"My enemy's men." I breathed out. When he stayed silent, I looked up and met his worried gaze. "Takeomi, will you let me explain everything to you?" My voice was silent almost begging him to give me a chance to tell him.

He squeezed my shoulder before shifting his gaze to the ground and back to me before sighing and nodding his head, yes.

"But we should take care of your appearance first." I nod my head at him as he help me remove my gloves and insert it in his pocket. "Here, wear this." He quickly took off his jacket and placed it around me, pulling the hood over my head.

"Let's get out of here." He took hold of my hand and led me out of the alley where no people can see us.

We're now sitting on a bench beside each other with only the footsteps of people passing by can be heard as well as the honking of vehicles from afar. Finally earning the courage, I decided to speak up first as he seemed to be waiting for me to start.

"I'm sorry... for what you witnessed earlier." He kept quiet but he made it clear that he's willing to listen nonetheless and so I continued.

"You already know that I come from a rich family but it's not just that. My father... is a mafia leader." I clenched my fists, feeling ashamed that I had to hide it from them all this time, not wanting to show them how I lived back there.