Chapter 12: Heiress

YOUR POV

I wasn't that dense to not notice these men following us earlier. I heard the boys' conversation earlier and I couldn't risk it anymore. Luring them away was the best option to take care of the situation. It wasn't that hard to lure them out of the mall when it's me who they're after. With Takeomi and the others being too sharp, I had no time to excuse myself especially when I already know they're gonna make one of them come with me.

And so here I stand in an alleyway with armed men surrounding me. This place isn't a place where a lot of people go to because of the danger that lurks in here.

"You really had the nerve to point that gun directly at the heiress of L/N. And with a silencer at that." I spat, glaring at the gun pointed directly towards me. "Your intent of killing me is overflowing." I chuckled dryly.

"You claim to be the heiress but rejected your father's position." He raised his brow at me judgementally. I shrugged at him without a care. It's not like it matters anyway.

"I'm still his daughter, anyway. Sooner or later, I'll inherit my family's properties once I am returned. That makes me exactly an heiress." I only rejected my father's position in the mafia but I never said I won't take over our company when needed. I am his only daughter. And I am still a L/N.

It seems that my words had successfully irritated him when he tightened his grip on the weapon while the others observed us intently.

"So? What brought you here? Wanna kill me to get back at my old man? Or were you sent by my stupid fiancé's family?" I don't know who this man is but the only ones who know of my disappearance are my father's side and my fiancé's. And since the news was only released this day, I doubt the other mafia members will find me this quick.

"You have disrespected the third son of the Valencia by running away from the wedding. As a loyal follower, I cannot condone such actions." He said and I felt something snap within me. I snorted as I felt my vision getting darker at the mention of that name. Laughing out loud humourlessly, I applaud him on his words.

A Valencia's dog. How nice.

"Does Calix know of this?" I asked.

Calix Valencia.

The person who had ruined my life. The person who I was supposed to marry that if only we were in good terms, I wouldn't have run from him. I don't fully doubt that he'll send men to come for my head because there is still a possibility but if he didn't, then that only means these morons are acting on their own accord.

Idiots.

Even if I let you go, you'll still be heavily punished for doing this.

"He doesn't, does he?" My lips formed a mischievous smirk the moment I saw one of them gulp visibly, clearly nervous at their current situation. "Which means... if I kill you guys right here, right now... he wouldn't even give a single damn. Unless I mess up my work, that is." I said and started walking towards him slowly, intimidating him even more with the look I'm giving off. "Since you came to me yourself and pointed me a weapon... I think it's acceptable if I end up killing some of you by fighting back, right?" I smiled, cracking my neck while pulling out gloves from my pocket which I often carry around in case of emergencies and slipped it on my hands.

The moment I reached a number of steps in front of him, I stopped as he took a step back warily.

He must've been warned if he's reacting this way to my presence.

"You speak a lot." He said and I cheerfully clasped my hands together with a clap sound.

"You noticed! Indeed I do!" I smiled at them, throwing them a threatening look. "But I'm a little pissed off, you know that?" It's been minutes since we left the mall for this nearby alley. And I'm pretty sure, my friends have already started looking for me. "I came here in Japan to live peacefully and you just happened to ruin my precious time with my friends."

It's a stupid thing for me to head to this place where I held all of my memories from when I grow up. Of course, those who knew me would know this would be one of the places that I'll run off to. But it's not like they have the information about my friends anyway. I'm glad I took my father's advice and cut communications with them the first time I got dragged into their world or they would be after them by now too.

The moment his eyes widen made me realise he's lowered his guard down in an instance and I took it as a chance to kick the gun upwards and out of his hand, causing him to pull the trigger accidentally. Luckily it was pointed to the upper part of a wall and it didn't create any disturbing sound to get unwanted attention. He was quick to react immediately when I tried to attack him and dodged quickly however, I was able to reach to his arm, twisting it in a very oddly way and pulled him to the ground. By the time we realised, I already had him pinned to the ground face flat with my knee dangerously crushing his back.

His pained screams echoed in my ears that I did not get to pay attention to the sound of the cocking of guns pointed directly at me by his allies. My eyes shifted down only to see his arm twisted in a broken manner. I didn't even realise that I broke it in the process. He sure is one weak of a man for a job like this.

Now I'm sure Calix nor my father sent him because they would've known who to pair me up with in a battle.

These guys are really asking for their own death right at the moment they followed me around.

"I'm really not in the mood to cause a scene in public. So let's make this quick before someone else passed by this place." I said and picked up the gun that landed beside me. Grabbing their leader's hair, I jerked his head back and threateningly placed the end of the gun right beside his head.

I have no other choice but to take care of this. They have already seen the others. I can't put them at risk if these morons decided to sell information about me and my friends to the mafia. And I don't want them to be in danger because of me.

"Say, do you have any suggestions on how I should start with you?"

It took me quite the time to deal with them yet here I stood looming over them like I was the predator all along. I've been staring down feeling nothing but emptiness before finally speaking to myself.

"Ah I messed up. I can't clean all of these." I mumbled, roaming my eyes emotionlessly at the unbreathing bodies lying on the ground in front of me.

I was so caught up with the thought of dealing with them that I forgot I'm all alone in this and I have no man to help me clean up my mess this time. I sighed out loud and wiped the disgusting sticky liquid that splashed on my cheek earlier.

What should I do before someone sees me here?

"Y/N?"

I immediately stiffened when I heard a familiar voice right behind me. It's like I snapped back to reality that the moment I saw the bodies, I felt that same fear I used to feel back then. The insides of my stomach twisting made me want to throw up the moment I realised what happened... what I did...again. The thing I've been trying to avoid doing after running away even though it's inevitable at this rate.

"Y/N..." I slowly turned my head to the side and widen my eyes in surprise when I spot him frozen on his spot.

____________
Author's Note:
I don't know what I forgot to put here since I left this undone for a week but here 'ya go.