Chapter 16: With The Akashi

TAKEOMI'S POV

I frowned when I heard the doorbell ring. Seriously? This late? With heavy steps, I opened the door only to be shocked at Y/N's sudden appearance on the entrance who is now carrying a plastic bag of some sort.

"Y/N?"

"Yo!" She smiled while waving a hand at me. I can already imagine Senju's ears perking up the moment she greeted me.

"Y/N!!!" And there she goes. Pushing me to the side, she approached Y/N with excitement. "What are you doing here?" I can clearly remember it was me who opened the door, why am I being pushed to the side now?

"Can I stay here for the night?" My brows shot up at her question. There's something wrong. Earlier, Wakasa asked me if I know where she's at and now she's at our doorstep asking if she can stay the night.

"Why?" I hope nothing too serious happened. Y/N looked like she's still in her cheerful self, it's kinda hard to read her sometimes.

"I wanna spend time with my favorite siblings, of course!" She flashed us a wide grin and Senju quickly agreed to this as she asked for my permission with her eyes sparkling in excitement.

"Can she, Takeomi? Can she?!" I have no idea what really happened but seeing the hopeful looks on their faces made me sigh defeatedly. I don't know what's gotten into Y/N's mind that she decided to stay with us instead of Wakasa tonight but I really hope it's really just because she wanted to spend time with us which I find hardly convincing. Either way, I gave in and nodded my head at them then the two gave each other a high five.

"Yayy!! I'll go prepare my room!" Senju quickly ran back inside and to her room.

I led Y/N to the living room and accompanied her there, waiting for her to tell me what happened. But she only remained silent with only her shoe tapping on the floor nonstop, clearly worried of something. Now that we're inside and her face is visible under the light, I can clearly see that her eyes were kinda puffy.

Something definitely happened.

"So? Aren't you gonna explain why you're here when we literally just spent the whole day out together?" I started while lighting up a cigarette and leaning on the couch with my arms spread wide as I inhale the nicotine. She looked up at me with those innocent looking eyes again and answered.

"Oh right! Well, something something came up and Wakasa had to go somewhere. I don't wanna be alone so I came here to have some company." What an idiot. I sigh to myself. She really came up with such an unconvincing excuse as usual.

I puffed out the smoke and nod at her.

"Mhm? Go on. Keep lying."

"Anddd... wait—what?" She turned to me, shocked. She really thought I'd fall for such excuse?

"Wakasa called me earlier, looking for you. Told me you ran out of the house all of a sudden. And now you show up reeking of alcohol." Though I can tell she isn't drunk base on her behavior. I'm guessing she went to some bar for awhile. No wonder Wakasa was looking for her since earlier. Should I tell him that she's here and that she's fine though? He sounded so worried over the phone earlier. "So?" I raised my brows at her, telling her to continue and she pouted in response, obviously caught lying.

"Alright fine! We had a misunderstanding. And I only drank one bottle, don't worry. I'm sober." She waved her hand in front. "It's a lovers' quarrel thing. No need to get so worked up on it." She laughed out loud. After witnessing her earlier, seeing her now act like this makes me think whether she's hiding something again.

It makes me doubt her expressions now.

I feel like even though she laughs a lot, she is seriously hurt inside. And I don't even know what happened to make her feel that way at this moment.

"Oooohhh you and Wakasa fought?" Senju returned, carrying her stuff bear around. Y/N once again pulled her childish demeanour and pouted like a kid.

"He was pretty mean, you know."

"He's always mean to you." I sighed. Wakasa really sucks at paying attention to his emotions for real. Even back then, he's always so insensitive when it comes to Y/N.

I understand he felt nothing towards her before that he gets annoyed at her easily but even when he started developing feelings for the poor girl, he didn't even bother acknowledging it. What an idiot.

I really want to give him a punch for this.

"By the way, do you guys have snacks? I bought some drinks. I wanted to watch a movie with you guys." Y/N lifted the plastic bag that she placed earlier on the table in front of the couch.

"Yes! I'll go make one! You guys choose a movie." Senju ran towards the kitchen to prepare the snacks as I went to search for a movie for us to watch.

While doing so, I started another conversation with her in hopes of getting assurance of how she's doing after what happened today.

"The news about the guys earlier is already on air." I know she wore gloves and that her hand and fingerprints can't be found on the weapon used and the guys but I can't help but worry that she might get caught. What if someone heard them?

"Really? Was I featured??" She asked, not even looking a bit troubled by it as if that thing didn't worry her anymore. Is she this used to this kind of stuff? I know how the mafia runs but Y/N is still my friend. The friend who's supposed to be innocent and won't even dare to lay a hand on others in a harmful way. And seeing her behave like this as if she treats this occurrence as something normal and a daily occurrence is unusual for her.

I just know it disturbs her the most.

Even when Y/N would often support us in gang fights, she never once agreed to participate in fights. She hated the thought of hurting others with her own hands. That's just how she was raised. To think that she grew into a completely different person in a few years... I'm not even sure anymore if I still do know her.

But I don't want to abandon her at this point. She needs us. She's might not show it but I can tell she's silently begging for us to stay and be with her in her current journey. It's hurting me to see that in her because I already see her as my sister.

Now I know why Shin cared for her so much.

She has been always silent with herself and only showed the people what she wanted them to see.

"Why do you seem so excited about it?" I looked at her weirdly and she quickly shook her head, no.

"I'm not!"

With that, we both continued looking for a movie to watch. It took quite the time when she suddenly raised something in the air with enthusiasm.

"Let's watch this!" She excitedly suggested and I shot her a confused look when I saw the title of the movie she's holding up.

"That's a drama. You like them?" When I asked this, she retreated her hand and shifted her gaze back and forth from me to the DVD in her hand before coming into a conclusion with an aggressive nod of her head.

"I want to let out some tears just to make sure I'm still human." She wiggled her eyebrows at me playfully and I smirk at her in return.

"Masochist."

"Oh please. That word's too strong." She waved her hand dismissively and we both chuckled to ourselves.

As we were heading back to the couch, we heard Senju's voice call out to me from the kitchen.

"Takeomi!! Waka's calling!" Right, I forgot that I'm supposed to tell him that Y/N's here. Let's at least lessen that idiot's worries.

"Coming! Y/N, you go prepare the movie. I need to take the call first." I said and started walking towards the kitchen where I left my phone earlier. However before I could take a step further, her hand took hold of my shirt, squeezing it tight in her grasp as she gave me a begging look.

"Don't tell him I'm here, okay?"

_____________
Author's Note:
Omi, mah man to the rescue again~