Chapter 45: Just The Two Of Us

3RD PERSON'S POV

~ A Week After ~

Along with the sound of the axe clashing with the wood, cutting it in half, the door to the entrance busted open, followed by the excited squeal of someone.

"Waka! Look!" Y/N jumped down the wooden stairs and hopped her way to the man with an excited look on her face while carrying something on her hand that flail around as she ran. "Look what I made!" Wakasa straightened, putting the axe down slowly as she showed the thing too close to his face.

A smile crept up on his lips when he saw a small and plain crochet clothing as if made for babies. When he got the chance, he went to the town last time to buy some stuff, enough for their budget and somehow, he ended up buying yarns and a kit for crocheting, remembering that his mother used to teach her how to do it before. Although for the first few days, she only grew frustrated, telling him she can't remember how to do it properly. But now, a simple crocheted small clothing made her excited this much.

"You learn fast." He said, reaching for the clothing and caressing it, admiring her work. It was simple yet knowing the efforts she put on it, it was enough to bring a smile to his lips.

"Hehe, you think? I'm glad I was able to recall your mother's instructions. I was mad that I forgot how to do it." She said with a proud look on her face. Her now newly cut hair is dancing slightly to the breeze, making his witness more of her beauty.

With how excited she got over such things made him so happy within. It feels like he didn't need to worry anymore since for the past days, she's been trying to get back on her feet. And he felt that she already did.

"I'm glad you're smiling again." He said in a low tone while patting her head. But she didn't seem to catch his words when she raised her brow in a confused look.

"Sorry, what? Did you say something?" The man's smile immediately dropped when she asked him that question. As always. He sighed and shook his head, telling her not to mind it anymore.

"Nothing. What do you want to eat later?" He placed the axe down carefully and began to tie his hair properly so as to not distract him from the work he's currently doing.

"You're cooking today as well? Again??" She's now frowning as she reached the towel to him to which he accepted and wiped the sweat off his face.

"Of course I am."

"But you've been doing work all day." She pouted. Y/N is grateful to his efforts but she almost felt like a burden since the man would often take care of most of the things for her while they stay in the cabin. Sure, he knows more about living in the mountains than she does but she can't help but worry when she can see how exhausted he is at the end of the day.

But to Wakasa, he doesn't mind at all. All he can focus for the past week is to be able to make her feel that she didn't need to worry about anything while they live far from the rest. He also reassured her by informing their friends who were worried for them for days.

"You really think of my body as something weak, don't you?" He raised a brow at her judgingly and she avoided his gaze.

"It's not that." She crossed her arms and looked around, hoping to find words to retort to his point, knowing she can't use the 'I-feel-like-a-burden' excuse on him. "If you do all the chores then..." her eyes soon dropped down and blinked when she realised he doesn't even have a shirt on. She felt sinful as she stare at his abs, feeling tempted to suddenly land her hand on it. She gulped down her saliva and decided to finally meet his eyes, hoping he didn't catch her staring. "You'll make me fall even more for you! You're becoming more of a husband material day after day. It's not fair!"