Chapter 17: Veeery Insensitive

3RD PERSON'S POV

Takeomi couldn't decline the girl's request and with a sigh, he answered the phone call from his buddy.

"Oi, what's up?" He was immediately greeted by Wakasa's worried voice on the other line.

"Y/N isn't back yet. Do you know where she could've possibly gone to?" Takeomi turned to look at the living room where Y/N was busy setting up everything. When he didn't answer, Wakasa called him making him snap out of his trance. "Takeomi?"

"No." He quickly answered. Y/N wouldn't have told him that if she wanted Wakasa to know. He can't help but get curious to what happened between the two that's got them this stubborn. "What exactly happened?" He didn't get an answer from the girl so he's hoping he'll get his answer from the other person involved.

"I don't know if I should tell you about this but..." Wakasa ran his fingers through his hair once again in frustration. "I'm getting worried that she's not back yet. It's already late." He said while glancing at the clock and it only made him more worried that it's already late and still there's no sign of the girl near in sight. "I just found out earlier that she ran away from home. She's on the fucking missing list, Takeomi. The news is everywhere." He said in a frustrated manner. Takeomi already had an idea what really happened with what his friend said. Yet he still hoped that things didn't escalate to worse.

"So?"

"What do you mean so? What if people found out she's staying with me? I might get accused of kidnapping her." Wakasa knows all too well that he's being denial of his feelings once again. It wasn't that he'll get accused of something he didn't do. It's because he's so caught up with the thought that Y/N just returned to them when it seemed like she had nowhere to go even after leaving them for years.

'There it is.' Takeomi thought as he fought the urge to facepalm himself at his friend's stupidity.

"Stupid. No wonder she ran away even from you, as well." He said and sighed loudly in disappointment. What was he even expecting from him?

On the other line, Wakasa frowned at his words.

"What do you mean?"

"Did you even ask what her reason is for running away?" Takeomi asked, recalling Y/N's puffy eyes from earlier who obviously spent her time crying somewhere alone. He knew Wakasa said something foul for her to react that way and it's not sitting right with him. For a moment he wanted to punch the man for being the way he is now.

Wakasa fell silent all of a sudden at this question. A memory of the girl on her knees and begging to a guard-looking man flashed in his mind. Now that he mentioned it, Wakasa really didn't try asking her about it. He was only paying attention to what he heard on the news and didn't even bother asking her why she would do such a thing when that's not really a usual thing for her to do.

Thinking about this, he felt bad for the girl. Deep inside he knew he hurt her big time while recalling how she cried earlier in front of him which is another unusual thing for the girl.

Feeling more frustrated than before, he quietly and guiltily responded.

"No." He bit his bottom lip, muttering curses under his breath and started regretting what he did.

"There you have it. I hope you reflect on that or she won't lean on you again." Takeomi spat and he didn't even bother explaining further because he knew that Wakasa already realised his mistake at that moment. "You're being inconsiderate of her, Wakasa. Veeery insensitive." He added although he admits that Wakasa won't react the same way he did earlier when he caught Y/N red handed.