Chapter 53: Bad Feeling

3RD PERSON'S POV

"So someone reported her location, huh?" The middle aged man stood in front of his office's huge window as he eyed the nest on the branch of a tree near his place. He observed the bird land on top of the nest with food in its beak.

"It was a waitress from a bar near the mountain." The man in front of his desk who had just reported him the information of his runaway daughter. Gabriel. Their most trusted man. It was no surprise that someone reported her location so he didn't react much. After all, this was expected. Only the death of her fiancé was not in the plan. It didn't end well as they dealt with a lot of things here in the US. "The rest who are competing against you have already made their way to Japan last night." Gabriel continued. Feeling worry for the girl who he attended to for years start to grow within him, he looked up at the father, asking.

"What are you going to do?"

At his question, the man straightened his back and moved his cup of wine in a circular motion, staring at it, looking unbothered at the current situation. However, deep inside he's aware that his daughter is in more danger now that it's not only his men nor Calix's are after her. And that this time for sure... she might really get killed if misfortune is to block their way.

"Calix is gone now. There is no need for her to keep on running." He responded, not really giving a clear answer to Gabriel's question, causing him to furrow his eyebrows in confusion.

But in the older L/N's mind, he's come to decide to take her back for real this time. It doesn't matter anymore if he's gonna break his word of not meddling with her life for a month. He trusted her that she can do it, considering how her past was kept hidden before and that the mafia won't find her easily. But now that things took a turn, he can't just standby any longer. He can't just sit back, expecting her daughter to face everything all by herself when he could've lend a hand.

Gabriel who failed to understand his intention voiced out bravely.

"Sir L/N, I'd like to apologise in advance for speaking up. But she's still your daughter. Please help her in this situation. She needs a father to stand by her this time. Especially now that the mafia is going on rampage with Valencia's loss." Gabriel, of all people has witnessed the only heiress of L/N lose her smile as she spent more time within this mansion. He might've not witnessed everything she's been through. And he might not know everything about her. But he can tell how she suffered so much when she was away from her previous life.

And he pitied the young girl for that... which is why he chose to keep his promise to her on the very first day she landed back in Japan. He could only pray for her safety after that. But now, he feels like they should do something. They should start moving or everything will be too late.

He can feel it.

Something big is about to happen and it's not giving him a good reaction.

The man listened to his words intently as he observed the mother bird feeding her babies on the nest. Suddenly, a memory flashed in his mind. His wife. The memory of his wife taking care of their only daughter. It was a scene like no other. A scene he wanted to witness once more but could never again.

Because she's gone now...

And it's all because of the path he has chosen to take.

And now Y/N who he took in with the hopes to make her stronger so she wouldn't end up like her mother who passed away because of the world he's lived in. Now, she's experiencing the same situation as her mother back then who suffered a lot because of their family's name.