Chapter 23: Scars

3RD PERSON'S POV

Y/N didn't waste a second and sprinted towards the bathroom, cursing herself for forgetting that she's wounded. She looked at the mirror and saw her reflection. She looked like a mess with her sleeve already covered in blood. Due to her worries about the person who attacked them, she didn't even get to pay attention to herself.

As she reached for her top to take it off, her E/C eyes landed on the reflection of the person standing on the doorframe, looking at her with shocked eyes. She felt self conscious all of a sudden and awkwardly turned to him.

"Uhhm... can I be alone for awhile? I need to take off my shirt." Wakasa's eyes almost popped out, feeling embarassed. He quickly nod his head and turned away, closing the door behind him.

Carefully, the girl removed her shirt and she was greeted by the sight of her tattooed arm covered in her own blood. The tattoo is a dragon's head with the body of a serpent that extended from the back of her left shoulder with the head to its tail that ended right on her wrist. It was a symbol of their family for generations and she was forced to permanently ink it on her arm at this size to cover up her unpleasant scars from her past.

As she started to treat her wound, a baffled person was leaning against the door. He wanted to help but seeing as she asked him to leave made it clear that she wants to do it alone. However, what caused him to be perplexed was the thought of her bleeding in a different part of her body aside from her arm's wound.

Her lower part also had blood stains on it because of the light color of the pants she's wearing. Menstruation isn't a big deal for him considering he's been friends with her for a long time but it is also the reason why he knows that something's wrong. He knows her too well that even her schedule is included as he used to buy her products before when she's in need of help. He knows it isn't her time of the month yet.

'But why would she be bleeding now?'

He can clearly hear her groan from inside while treating her wound all by herself. He can almost feel the pain that she's going through at the moment and can't help but close his eyes. Feeling uneasy, he walked to somewhere to at least get her some pads and extra clothes.

And the two took their time in minding their own business.

That is until...

"WAKAAAA!!"

The power shut down and everything went dark in the whole house. The man immediately rushed to the source of sound when he heard her call out to him in panic.

"Oi! What's wrong??" He knocked a few times at the door in a rush.

"Waka?? I can't see a thing!!" She replied from inside with a voice indicating she's about to tear up. Seeing as the bathroom has no windows for the light to come in, she can no longer depend on her sight, seeing as her eyes adjusting to the sudden darkness is slow.

"Are you done with your wound?" He asked and she nodded her head even when he can't see her.

"Yes."

"Hang on. I'll get you your towel and clothes." He quickly walked back to her room where he prepared a set of polo pajama for her and grabbed the things she needed.

Opening the door slightly, he held out her stuff inside.

"Here." However, the moment Y/N reached out from the dark, she felt something different that is surely not a towel touch her hand. As she took her time to familiarize the thing, Wakasa spoke up again. "Hurry up and take it." She grew confused at the situation and tried to pull the thing she's holding but to no avail.