Chapter 39: Raid

3RD PERSON'S POV

After their visit in the cemetery, the two took a stroll on their way home side by side without even bothering to let go of each other's hands ever since they left the place. Although that action didn't fail to cause a blush on their cheeks only to go unnoticed for they're too busy hiding their own reaction from the other. Only one thing that's running in their mind and it's the loving warmth that their palms share as they walk comfortably together.

Suddenly, a voice cut through their comfortable silence, making their heads turn to the source of sound.

"Y/N!" Her face instantly lit up the moment she spot someone familiar behind them.

"Oh! Yamamoto-kun, it's you!" She turned around and waved at him with a smile, stopping on her tracks to wait for the brunette jogging towards them. Even if they didn't spend a lot of time with each other, she can still clearly remember the guy who acted brave enough to talk to her during Brahman's meeting when she felt like an outsider.

"Oh good day, Wakasa-kun." He greeted, slightly blowing his head when he recognised the man beside the girl. But Wakasa didn't reply and instead stared at him blankly, trying to remember where he saw the man. However, Yamamoto's gaze immediately landed on their intertwined hands making his brows shoot up in surprise. "Uhh are you two on a date or something?" He asked, pointing at their hands.

"Huh..?" Y/N was confused for a moment, clearly forgetting that she's still holding Wakasa's hand. When Wakasa tried to pull his hand out of her grasp, she tightened her hold and pulled him closer to her while snaking her other arm around his. "Oh dear~" She giggled and waved her hands in a flushed manner. "Yes, we just went on a date in a cemetery." She laughed aloud to which Yamamoto joined even when he's confused at her words about going on a date in a place for dead people.

As Wakasa watch the two laughing comfortably with each other, he scoffed and subconsciously bit the lollipop in half for gritting his teeth too hard.

"Who're you?" He caught his attention but before Yamamoto could answer, Y/N quickly interrupted with a confused look on her face.

"Huh? Don't you know him? He's in Brahman too, y'know."

"Yes! I'm Yamamoto Kenji." He bowed with respect to one of the executives of the gang he's in since he's been admiring his senior ever since he joined the gang. But despite his kind gesture, Wakasa only raised a brow at him.

"If I remember it right, you're younger than Y/N. Where are your honorifics?" He said in a sharp tone, clearly unpleased by Yamamoto's presence.

"Oh I'm sorry." The brunette immediately apologised for being unintentionally disrespectful. Y/N was concerned that she quickly shook her head so the boy won't feel bad.

"Oh it's okay! I'm not used to honorifics anyway." She tried to calm him with a smile to which Yamamoto returned, only making Wakasa feel uncomfortable at their interaction.

Without wasting anymore time, Waka pulled her with him.

"Let's go." He turned around, not even bothering to say his goodbyes to the younger man who seem to be irritating him for some reason.

"Huh? Oh sorry, Yamamoto-kun. I guess we have to go." Y/N smiled apologetically as Wakasa pulled her again like a kid wanting to exit the scene for something. Yamamoto was a little puzzled at his senior's behavior but nonetheless nod his head.