Chapter 15: Quarrel

3RD PERSON'S POV

The day went by smoothly and Y/N is greatly thankful to Takeomi for backing her up at times she's faltering with her excuses due to what just happened. Everyone just had fun with each other's company but not with Takeomi worrying of Y/N's sudden loss of appetite, clearly indicating that she's still not used to that kind of business.

"Ahhh finally homee!" She said in relief, entering the house while Wakasa followed from behind carrying the bags.

"It's my home." He sighed, correcting her.

"Our home from now on." She grinned widely and he can only sigh in protest.

Suddenly feeling the need to go to the restroom quick, She excused herself and ran to the bathroom, locking the door behind her. Her eyes roamed on her reflection on the mirror and slowly she unzipped Takeomi's jacket. Her nostrils were instantly greeted by the sickening smell of blood. As different memories and events flashed at the back of her mind, she wasn't able to hold it in anymore and started to throw up everything she ate the whole day.

She still hasn't gotten used to the smell of blood despite being exposed to such crimes. She would wear a mask all the time when having to deal with a bloody business whenever she's alone. When someone was keeping an eye on her, she's forced to deal with the smell and still have the same reaction afterwards for her to get used to how things are usually done.

Wakasa who just passed by the bathroom heard her but decided to ignore it, thinking it's probably just because she moved too much despite eating a lot and continued on his way with a shrug.

She quickly washed her face afterwards, feeling too sensitive of what had stained her earlier. She looked up and stare at herself in the mirror. The expression she's making made her chuckle lowly to herself, wiping the tears that escaped the corner of her eyes.

"You murderer." She whispered to herself, recalling the gut-churning screams and sounds those guys made when she lost herself in that alley. She clenched her fists before taking off the jacket as well as her shirt, leaving it on a bowl of water and soap to help remove the stains.

She then dashed her way to her bedroom for a change of shirt and went on to the living room, noticing Wakasa taking out the groceries. Wanting to distract herself for a moment, she roamed her eyes around the room.

"I wanna watch something. Can I see your DVDs?" She had no other choice but to choose watching a movie than a show on the TV when the news might still be on at this hour.

"It's right in that corner." Wakasa pointed at the shelf in the corner where he kept all of his movie collection while placing the bags on the couch.

"Okayy!"

As she was busy shuffling through the pile of DVDs, Wakasa walked up to the television to turn it on for her. However, what greeted him was something he did not expect to see.

"Ah! Now this looks great." Y/N muttered to herself, holding up the DVD she found fitting her favourite genre. Excitedly she got up and ran towards her friend. "Hey, Waka! Do you wanna watch this wi—!!" Her voice faded the moment she saw him in front of the TV with the news on and she immediately froze on her spot. There it was right on the screen. The details needed for a missing person.

Wakasa slowly turned towards her with the television's sound echoing in the background.

"What's this about?" Her heart skipped a beat when she felt the coldness in his tone and in the look he's giving her. He looked all too serious... mad rather.

"Waka..." she wanted to approach him and tell him to give her a chance to explain but what slipped from her tongue was a full denial of what was shown in front of them. "That's not me! Probably just a doppelgänger or something." She shrugged and went to him, pushing him slightly to the side. "Now, move. I wanna watch already." But Wakasa didn't budge an inch at her weak strength.