Chapter 3: Walk Home

WAKASA'S POV

As soon as she started to walk to the direction where Takeomi and the rest went, I followed quietly behind her. She seemed to be mumbling to herself since earlier while looking around from time to time. So I went closer only to hear her ask herself a dumb question.

"Where should I turn again?" I sighed before stepping beside her to match her pace.

"Right."

"Oh thank you, kind man." She thanked unconsciously. "Wait—WAKASA?!" She jumped. I felt the corners of my lips curl upwards, seeing as she's back to herself once again. Just a moment ago, she was crying as if she's been suffering in silence for a long time yet now she looks like she's back to her energetic self once more. "What are you still doing here??" When I didn't answer her, he started giggling and nudged my rib with her elbow teasingly.

"Oho~ did you wait for me?~" I raised a brow at her only to see she's wiggling hers playfully with an adorable childish smirk plastered on her face. "You did, didn't you?" She grinned in victory. I roll my eyes and shook my head.

"No, I didn't."

"Don't deny it, Waka. You love me." She said, wrapping her arms around mine again. It's been years since I last had her being this clingy towards me. And to be honest, I don't find it annoying anymore. After feeling like I've lost her for good, I feel like I want her to just stay like this with me.

"What did you buy?" I asked, hoping to change the subject. I wouldn't like it if she managed to noticed this change that she's caused in me.

"Oh! That! Well, the store was already closed when I arrived." She stiffly replied while scratching the back of her neck.

I stopped on my tracks, realizing she just straight up lied to me without thinking twice. She didn't even bother spending the time to think of an excuse. It's as if she's made that already along the way before I could even ask her.

But...

Why would she lie about it?

She could've just told me the truth that she met some professional looking guy back there who doesn't seem to have any intentions of harming.

What is she hiding this time?

"What? Falling in love with me already?" I blinked and snapped out of my thoughts when I heard her voice and a snap of her fingers right in front of my face. I noticed that I've been staring at her while I was lost in my thoughts. The same smug and playful look was on her face again as she stare right back at me.

"Let's go." I avoided her gaze and continued walking, hoping she didn't notice my warming ears.

That playful look...

"Yes sir!" She skipped happily towards me and once again wrapped her arms around mine as we walk together side by side.

"You're pretty much the eye catcher, I see." She suddenly blurted out while eyeing our surrounding.

"What do you mean?" I followed her gesture and noticed a few people looking at us. Mostly girls. I can't help but sigh, knowing they're just another bunch of girls who thirst for any men they encounter. This isn't new to me anymore. After all, I'm not some teenager who's new to events such as this.

"A lot of girls are staring at you." She replied. But instead of glaring at the girls staring at us, she instead sent them an innocent smile when she meets their gaze. I can't help but smile at her action. Still a baby after all these years.

"I'd say it's you they're staring at. You look foreign." I said and I heard her gasp in shock.

"Do I really?? Should I change my hair? My fashion style maybe? Or was it my face?" She started to touch her face and hair as if it's still possible for her to get insecure of her own looks.