Chapter 57: No Home To Return To

3RD PERSON'S POV

The group of friends were all very excited to visit a certain female in the moutain. While in the train, they kept on discussing on how they will catch the girl by surprise. However among them, Wakasa couldn't seem to calm himself. He can sense something isn't right yet he kept on shrugging it off, thinking it must be because he's nervous. Even with the help of their friends, he's still not sure if he can handle things perfectly later in front of the girl.

And to think that it's already dark outside, he felt guilty, worried if the girl was able to attend to herself all alone in the cabin.

But as they were busy talking to each other, they noticed the people inside the train are making a fuss. A few even stood up and went to the window to take a look outside. One would think that the people are in awe when doing this kind of things but their expressions were telling a different story. People started to take out their phones, snapping a photo of whatever's outside. Most of them having their hands clasped on their mouth in shock.

Senju who's seated in front of Wakasa was the first to notice as she gasped loudly and told the others to look outside.

The moment Wakasa turned around, a huge flame was reflected in his eyes. There within their sight, the trees of a mountain from afar were burning. For some reason, Wakasa felt his palms starting to sweat as he grew more and more nervous.

He wasn't sure of the fire's location but he kept on praying in his mind that it isn't the same mountain where they've been staying for the past week.

He hoped that wasn't the case.

But as they went off the train and went straight to their destination, Wakasa felt his hopes and prayers shatter.

Ever since he grew quiet, the other three began to worry. They knew in an instant that something is up when he kept on shifting. When they reached the place, they were greeted by a scene of fire trucks together with firefighters and rescuers running all around the area. Some people from the town are also gathered as they watch everything unfold in fromt of their eyes.

"What happened here?" Senju asked with eyes of empathy as she look up at the dark smoke rising visibly to the bright night sky. Except her, the others were quick to catch up to what's happening and they all felt their blood run cold at the realization... especially Wakasa who pushed through the crowd in panic.

When he was about to enter the scene, a person in his uniform stepped in front of him to stop him from going any further.

"Sir, I'm sorry but you need to stay back. The firefighters are doing their best in putting out the fire. Rest assured it'll be out any minute now." He said despite knowing it'll take time before the fire completely dies out, considering they've been doing their job since sunset. But the man in front of him had a blank look on his face as he stared at the entrance of the mountain as he mumbled something under his breath. The surrounding is too noisy for him to understand his words until a name came out of Wakasa's mouth.

"Y/N..." Wakasa couldn't process in his mind whatever is happening at this moment. He's trying to deny the reality that the place where he thought was safe for her is now being engulfed in flames. He doesn't even know what to do. Seeing everything unfold, he can only feel emptiness within.

"Y/N is..." He whispered. And the moment reality was hitting him, he tried to run towards the entrance but was quickly stopped by the man, trying his best to stop him. "Sir, I have someone in there! Where is she??" He said without even giving the man a glance. "Y/N!!!" He pushed, trying to force the man out of the way when multiple hands pulled him back.