Chapter 69: Saved

3RD PERSON'S POV

Everything that's currently happening seem to be difficult to process in Wakasa's mind. There's too much chaos and it just keeps escalating.

Some of the groups from the newcomers have already launched their attacks towards the men of Valencia. He was too caught up in trying to sort things out in his mind that he failed to notice a certain someone calling for his name multiple times.

"Wakasa! We need to go!!" He was snapped out of his trance when the older man grabbed his arm. He watched the worried L/N shout his orders to his men. "Everyone, let's leave this to the Bartley! I have talked with their leader. We should retreat now!"

As the others responded to his order, they started to move out of Bartley's way to retreat as Roswell led their men. Y/N's father then turned to Wakasa.

"Can you still move?" Wakasa nod his head and took a step forward hurriedly but failed when the pain shot through his body, causing him to fall down with a pained groan.

"Wakasa!!" He quickly assisted him up with Conrad on the other side, worried of their safety. However, Wakasa had his eyes close shut as he tried his best to endure the pain but to no avail. He gritted his teeth and attempted to move once again to reassure them.

"I'm fine. Let's just keep going." He stated, ignoring the now unbearable pain in his every move. He couldn't think of anything else. He just wanted to get out of this place fast. He wants to survive so bad. To keep his consciousness. To be able to see her again. Only Y/N is what's running in his mind at this moment, not even caring for his own well-being anymore. It was only desperation to see her again, the more pain he felt in stepping away from the battle grounds.

"Assist him!"

As soon as they reach the van, Wakasa was immediately approached by the other men who offered to help.

"You're bleeding too much, Sir!" Wakasa's wound is getting worse. The bleeding doesn't stop and at this point, they fear that it may cause him to be in a critical condition with too much loss of blood. They quickly led him in the vehicle to get him treated.

"We need medics quick!" One of them shouted as they are ready to leave the place.

The older man who has been worried sick of the wounded man took a firm grip on his wrist as if letting Wakasa know of his presence.

"Hang in there, kid." He muttered as the others in the van did what they can to relieve Wakasa's condition as they speed to their headquarters.

"I will." Despite the noise in and outside of the vehicle, Wakasa was able to hear the words of his father-in-law and was still able to respond softly.

As much as he desperately tried to keep his eyes open to not lose consciousness, his vision became very blurry and he didn't even realize that he no longer feels the pain in his body. He already felt numb all over. And somehow, the light above him kept getting brighter that it's making him sleepier.

Before he was consumed by darkness, Wakasa somehow saw an image of someone in his mind one more time.

The image of Y/N back in the cabin who looked in her most peaceful state.

That was the only thing that he wished to see again...

In the corner of her eye, Katherine noticed that Y/N jumped slightly in her seat. She turned to her and saw her eyes open wide. She was sure that Y/N was dozing off just a second ago so she decided to speak up, worried that something is bothering the young Miss.