Chapter 28: The Day It Started

WAKASA'S POV

"OOOIII, YOU GUUUYYSS!!" Y/N energetically waved at the rest as they stand on the spot that we're taking for the day.

"Y/N!!" Senju waved back with the same enthusiasm.

The volume of the sound of waves clashing and onto the shore as well as the voices of people who are spending their time today at the beach are somehow minimised in my ears with only Y/N and Senju's voice echoing in it. I sighed, thinking how loud they are as we approach the others.

"When do these two lose their energy?" I asked more to myself. Suddenly, Y/N ran towards them, Full of excitement as she speak.

"Hey hey! Do you guys know?? Wakasa invited m—!!" The moment she mentioned my name, I knew exactly what she's trying to do. So, I followed close behind her and immediately clasped my palm on her mouth to shut her up before she spills anything misleading. They all raised their brows at us in curiosity.

"Wakasa did what?" I glared at Takeomi for pressing it.

"She's just at it again." I tried to change the subject. But Y/N whipped her head towards me with her brows furrowed.

"Hey! What do you mean by that??" She even squinted her eyes at me as if she really has no idea what I'm talking about. Before I could even retort something, she turned to them again and this time finally caught me off guard. "Anyway you guys, he invited me out on a date!" She cheerfully told them while clapping her hands like a kid. I almost facepalmed myself for letting my guard down. I knew it. She's gonna turn this issue on me. It's either she's seriously determined in letting them know about it or really determined to just annoy
me for the whole day about it.

"He wHAT?!" They all have surprise look on their faces to the point I'm fearing their eyes are about to fall out anytime now. The three of them then simultaneously shifted their gaze towards me without blinking. I could only sigh in defeat, knowing they would believe her words no matter my explanation.

"A karaoke date!!" She announced loudly that I'm starting to feel embarrassed because of the unwanted attention we're getting.

"I certainly did not." I denied when I noticed the three were serious in believing her.

"Yes, you did!" She frowned.

"You're the one who requested it." I gave her a judging look and she returned it twice the sassiness. She stood up straight and faced me with a hand on her hip and a finger pointing at herself.

"I requested the karaoke. You requested the date!" She pointed at me accusingly. This is why I decided not to mention anything last night. Yet she still interpreted it as a date. Not that I'm complaining. I really was planning on taking her out. I guess that could be called a date as well even if it's just for a friendly hang out purposes.

After a moment of awkward silence, Takeomi approached me quietly to which the other two followed. All of a sudden, I was already being pulled to the side and before I know it, Benkei already had his arm around my neck, head-locking me.

"Oi oi oi, you're finally making a move?" He whispered with a wide grin on his face. The siblings immediately huddled up, curious at our conversation.

"What move are you talking about?"

"C'mon man. We're not that dumb. Only Y/N is. It's not like we haven't noticed how you really feel towards her." Takeomi gave me an 'are-you-stupid' look and the other two nodded in agreement. What in the world??

A memory of last night flashed in my mind when I accidentally blurted out the words I didn't expect to say to her. I was stupid. What was I even thinking to tell her that? I didn't even realise that I had already confessed until she became silent. And the silence almost killed me at that time. I felt scared all of a sudden, thinking she'll reject me for that and it'll cause awkwardness between us. But lucky for me I guess to have her be such an idiot that I easily convinced her that it was just a joke.