Chapter 68: Younger Version of Her Mother

3RD PERSON'S POV

From the distance, black cars and vans came in sight where multiple men who are fully armed got off. All are the faces of the men owned by the family of Bartley. L/N's men were all face-paled as they watch the scene unfold in front of them, fearing for the worst for they are aware of the conflict between the Bartley and L/N.

All that's running in their heads is how did the Bartley knew of their ambush towards Valencia when they were all so sure that no rat is present within their group.

From afar where the older L/N is fighting with Valencia's men, they too stopped with their business because of the commotion happening currently. The arrival of the Bartley. As soon as their men got off their vehicles, they started to approach the frozen groups of people at their sudden appearance as they walk with fearless expressions on their faces.

"What the hell are you all doing?! Don't let your guard down!! Protect them!" Gabriel's voice was what snapped them back into reality and all their men went into positions with Wakasa in the middle still being supported by Conrad.

Y/N's father who is clearly alarmed by the situation, seeing Wakasa being surrounded by his men who are also being surrounded by Bartley's men, he tried to get to them when an enemy blocked his path. He could only click his tongue in annoyance and raised his gun at the man in a threatening move.

Back to Wakasa, he is already growing weaker at the great loss of blood. His wound clearly needs to be treated immediately and yet they are stuck in this situation. Their few allies with them who had their weapons up, ready to defend them from any attacks. But there was something weird with the newcomers. All of them are armed and yet all their weapons are down as if they have no intention to fight... or could it be they're trying to provoke them like what Argus did to him?

Suddenly an unfamiliar voice was heard.

"Put your guns down." In front of them in the middle of the crowded armed men, they made way for a person who walked through the space between the men. He is one muscular guy who obviously spells threat to anyone who dares to go against him. Only the men of L/N know him as they have faced this man before. Roswellthe right hand of the Bartley's heir. Despite all guns pointed at him, he only raised both of his hands to show them that he has no ill intentions for them. "We're not here for your heads." He said, causing everyone to be confused. At their lost expressions, he decided to clear things out.

"We came to finish Valencia."

At his words, Gabriel scoffed. He went in front of his allies and faced the newcomer with fearless eyes. He then spoke in all seriousness.

"As far as I remember, Bartley isn't in good terms with the L/N family." The guy in front of him who immediately recognized him only arched a brow at Gabriel.

"We aren't, but that stupid Valencia killed Bartley's head... and now our soon to be head is having the urge for revenge. As the saying goes—your enemy's enemy is a friend. So consider us your ally this time." Gabriel only grew more confuse at his words. He still doesn't know how Bartley knew that they're here for Valencia's downfall. Or could it be just pure coincidence that Bartley also planned to attack at the same time as they did?

"What can you do when Valencia's head is already long dead?" Gabriel questioned while raising his hand, signaling for his comrades to lower their weapons.

"Oh our new master doesn't really give a damn about him. He wants to crush the whole Valencia and kick it out of its position. In that way at least could he satisfy his rage." Was his only response. Gabriel knows who their so called 'new master' is. He knows all too well who that person is and he's not sure whether it's going to be a good news to the old L/N or not. "We found out that you're gonna be taking down Valencia today so we decided to join the fight."