Chapter 9: Lies

3RD PERSON'S POV

They all watched the retreating figure of their friend with another girl for a somewhat date. The boys didn't even bother cheering for him nor feel proud that their friend's finally going out with someone. All they could think of is the girl beside them who watched the other two in silence.

"Y/N... why would you do that?" Senju was the first one to break the silence the moment the two were far away. "I thought you like him." The two men turned to look at the H/C haired friend who had a blank look on her face, clearly not knowing how to express herself at the moment.

"That girl..." she took a deep breath before continuing. "I saw her yesterday with Waka at a coffee shop. He told me he will be out with you guys." They froze at what she said, knowing fully well they didn't meet up with him the day before now.

He lied... to her.

"I'm not mad if he lied to me. Maybe it's because he just have genuine feelings for her that he didn't want to let me know about them. I mean, I do flirt a lot with him. He might've thought that I have that kind of feelings for him and thought that it'll hurt me if I knew of them." She shrugged her shoulders before turning around and biting her lip to suppress her emotions.

She was upset.

And she still is.

But she's trying her best to be considerate and understand his situation because he was never hers.

They all looked at each other with worried looks on their faces, hoping Wakasa had another reason for lying. But they first had to do something about the wrong idea that's running in her head right now.

Benkei decided to speak up but he was immediately cut off by Y/N's sharp tone.

"Y/N, you got it wrong. Waka a—"

"I'm fine." It was a sudden interruption but she still threw a smile their way before she started to walk while looking up at the darkening sky. "I should head back too."

"Do you want to stay with us tonight? You know we can watch movies and stuff. Treat it as a sleepover." Senju offered and her older brother nod his head in agreement but Y/N only shook her head, no.

"I think I'll pass tonight. Wakasa might be back home late. I need to attend to the house while he's away." She smiled again. If she was being honest, she's really just not in the mood for that stuff. She wants to be alone for awhile and let out this suffocating emotion within her.

She wanted to burst into tears already as she tried to find an excuse to leave quickly.

'If only Shin was here.'

It's not like she can blame Wakasa for going. It was her stupid idea afterall. But she thought it'll be best after what she witnessed yesterday. She wanted him to be genuinely happy.

"Let me drive you there." Benkei offered and she just gladly accepted it, hoping to get home fast.

"Thanks!!"

They reached the house not too long after and before she knew it, she's already closing the door behind her as she made her way to her room in a quick manner.

When she reached the bed, she instantly buried her face in her pillow and started to let out her tears.

"You'll be fine, Y/N." She repeated the words to herself, hoping it'll calm her down just like how Shinichiro used to comfort her whenever she gets upset over Wakasa many times. This isn't rare to her any longer so she just let it out and continued to curse herself for trying to even convince herself that she no longer have those feelings for him as what her best friend told her.