Chapter 25: Victim

Trigger Warning!
I don't want to mention what it is specifically as I don't want to trigger anyone. You are free to skip this chapter if you feel uncomfortable and just know that the character—Y/N has a traumatising past.

YOUR POV

"We really did it." For the hundredth time, I whispered to myself. I'm lying on top of my bed with both my arms and legs spread on the sheets. Once again, I tossed and turned to the side, hugging my pillow while letting myself fall even more into deep thoughts. "But he probably didn't even mean it. Even said he was sorry." I pouted. It's already late at night and all I've been doing is tossing and turning while thinking of what happened earlier.

It's been hours since that happened but still my mind can't wrap up the situation properly. For a second I was experiencing bliss and the next thing, I'm already bawling my eyes out just because he said sorry when I should've known better.

Pulling and ruffling my hair, I sat up and walked up in front of the mirror and pointed an accusatory finger at it.

"You're an idiot." I glared at my reflection whose eyes were red and puffy from all the crying. As soon as my eyes landed on my reflection's lips, fragments of what we shared flashed in my mind. "Oh my God." I covered my lips quickly with a slap. "Oh my Gooooodddd...." I slapped my cheeks once but hard enough for me to feel the pain just to wake me up from whatever delusions I'm currently having. "Even though it felt real, he still said it's nothing." I tried to convince myself once again.

With a frown, I leaned closer to the mirror and touched my lips, remembering the feeling of his against it.

"It was so soft... and warm." I unconsciously said to myself. When I realized what I'm doing, I shook my head aggressively and slapped my cheeks again and again.

"No, Y/N. You can't do that." I can't be thinking things like that. I am not that dumb to not realize that I still have genuine feelings for him after the complicated feelings I've been experiencing for the past days. "Don't make it harder for yourself. You've moved on." I know it's a lie. But it's better to concince myself this way. Who knows, maybe it'll work for me. "You've moved on..." My voice faded.

Having enough of my restless night, I washed my face to at least help reduce the puffiness of my eyes and went straight to the kitchen to prepare breakfast. If I remember correctly, Wakasa's going to check his gym today so he might be busy attending to its needs for the day.

"What happened to your cheeks? Are you hurt?" I jumped when I heard his voice. I didn't notice him enter and is now mixing his coffee as I'm just in time to finish cooking our meal.

"Aww, you worried again? Such a protective boyfie~" I joked but as much as possible avoided eye contact with him so he wouldn't notice my eyes. At least that's what I'm hoping when he keep glancing at me.

"I'm not your boyfriend." Ouch... but okay, he's got a point. But that's not the point of my joke.

"Yes, you are. You're a boy and you're my friend." I even nod my head as I speak. I heard him snort before placing down the spoon he used to mix his coffee.

"You know that's not how it works."

"It does for me. Well unless you prefer the other meaning for it." I shrugged with a smug look on my face, proud at what I'm saying. Suddenly, the thought of someone crossed my mind and I glanced at him sideways, scared of what might be his answer to my question.

"Waka?"

"Hm?"

"Aren't you and Fumiko-chan... together?" Thinking back, they did go out on a date together but he never once mentioned it to neither of our friends. And the kiss last night, it's just wrong in all aspects if he really is in a relationship with her. It guilts me to think that.