Epilogue

The two of them spent a few moments just enjoying each other's company while eyeing the stars above. However, despite the calm and comfortable atmosphere, Y/N could sense Wakasa being distracted by his thoughts.

"Waka..?" She called out for him. "Is something wrong?" She asked with pure concern in her voice. As the man raised his gaze, he smiled to her, admiring her. Bringing her hand to his lips, he kissed her knuckles before finally gathering the courage to make a move.

He stood up from the chair and pulled something out of his pants' pocket. Clearing his throat, he knelt down in front of her again and finally showed to her what he's holding.

Y/N's eyes grew wide at the sight of the thing between his fingers.

It's a ring.

With a diamond reflecting the beautiful light coming from the moon above them.

She sat there frozen in front of him, not knowing how to react. So many emotions are sinking in, almost wanting to make her burst. But before anything could happen, Wakasa took a deep breath and finally spoke up.

"On the day I left... I bought this. I know the original plan was to make you my girlfriend first before anything but..." He scratched the back of his head, embarrassed of himself. He really didn't want to shock her like this—proposing immediately right after he just confessed to her. And that's exactly what's bothering him. He might get rejected tonight because of the sudden decision but he decided to grab the opportunity no matter what... because there's still a chance that she'll say yes to him. "I don't want to risk anything anymore. I don't want it to be too late again. I don't want to let another chance slip past through my fingers."

He already lost her twice and that taught him enough lesson of his cowardice. Of all things in this world, he finally knew what he really wanted. He really just wants to be with her no matter how. He doesn't know what will happen if he loses her again.

"Y/N, I still have a lot to tell you. You may or may not be pleased by every single one of it." He bit the inside of his lower lip as he recalls the past of his mother and Y/N's father, and even how everything messed up. He still has to tell all of those to her and he's hoping that she'll understand when that time comes. "But I want you to know that I'd go through lengths just so I could be with you again. So I can show you how much I treasure you." He met her gaze before continuing. "I'll seize this opportunity to never have regrets again."

Y/N on the other hand, was speechless. Somehow, the man just keeps surprising her from time to time. Suddenly kneeling on one knee while holding out a ring in front of her, Y/N knew all too well what that means. Her heart kept jumping in joy as she looked at the man with teary eyes.

All her life, she could only dream of such moment. Yet tonight, she's already sure that this is the reality. Wakasa—the man she waited and loved for a long time just confessed his love for her and is now proposing to her. There's no other time that made her as happy as this.

Seeing her tearing up, Wakasa felt his chest tighten but not in a bad manner. By her reaction, he immediately understood. This probably is his first time seeing her cry out of happiness and that's when he knew that he finally understood her.

He finally realized how she had kept a mask on all the time even when she was around him. Seeing her finally giving in to her real emotions, it made him just as happy.

He raised his other hand and wiped her tear while caressing her cheek.

"Y/N..." No matter if the answer is expected or not, he still wanted to ask. This time, it didn't take him a lot of courage to do so. Rather, he felt calmer than ever as he let go of the words he wished to ask her from before.