Chapter 35: Reversed Game of Tag

3RD PERSON'S POV

The blond haired woman passed by the corridors with her heels clicking on the wooden floor of their family's mansion. Every maid and guard she passed by the halls, all were too scared to even welcome her back properly with the intimidating aura she's letting out. They knew that something is up with the family again.

"It's safe to assume that she's staying with the man she was with on that very day." Was what Astrid first heard as soon as she stopped in front of her brother's office.

"What does the guy look like?" The voice of her own brother reached her ears as an unfamiliar voice followed a reply.

"Average height with blond and purple hair. He looks just like a commoner in Japan." Inside the room with such heavy atmosphere, a man stood in front of Calix's desk accompanying a man in a suit who came from Valencia's long time business partner, Bartley. "It didn't look like they had nothing between the two of them though." The man smirked, provoking the man sitting behind his desk with a glass of wine in his hand.

Calix chuckled at his guest's words.

"You're saying my fiancé is in a relationship with someone else?" He looked at him with amusement dancing in his eyes. The man smirked at him before answering.

"She looked happier than when she was with you, too." As soon as he said those words, Calix's men immediately pulled out their weapons, pointing it directly at him.

"You low ranked assassin dare to speak like that on the Valencia's heir?? You sure are playing a very dangerous game, kid." One of Valencia's loyal dogs spoke up as the man kept his composure, ignoring the glare from every corner.

Before anything could happen, the door busted open, revealing her younger sister, catching everyone's attention.

"I see that you're back." He started and signaled for his men to lower their guns. "So how's your trip?"

"I don't have the time to be talking bullshit with you." She stomped her way towards him and slammed her hands on the table. "Control your men, Calix." She stared deep into his eyes, full with threat as he only looked at her with a boring look.

"Hm? What's with my men?" Astrid gritted her teeth in annoyance, knowing he's trying acting innocent.

"I'll say this again. Control.Your.Men.Calix." She spat out this time with venom laced in her voice. All she can feel is her hatred towards her brother. She had always hoped that Calix would change for the better but no, she was wrong. And she's regretting that she never discouraged her friend from getting close to someone like him.

"They have always been under my control, Astrid."

"Even if they're trying to kill your fiancé??" She shouted, ignoring the two men behind her who are listening to their conversation. Her brother however only looked at her blankly. His eyes landed at Bartley standing behind his sister before shrugging after a few seconds, implying he doesn't care whatever happens.

"That's her fault. Everything would've gone smooth if she just married me. Bad girls deserve to be punished." He smirked, provoking his sister. Astrid felt her blood rise in an instant and clenched her fists and catching them off guard, he snatched the gun from the guard standing beside her and without any hesitation pointed it straight at her own sibling. It caused everyone to be on alert and took hold of their weapon, ready to defend the owner of the office but Calix held his hand up, stopping them from doing so.

"You sick fuck." She glared. "Since when were you so obsessed with causing her pain??" At her words, Calix's aura darkened and his face expression dropped into an intimidating look. With a time full of hatred, he spoke.