Chapter 19: Apologies

3RD PERSON'S POV

As the bright light made its way to her face through the curtain gaps, her peaceful sleeping face turned into a displeased frown.

"So bright." She mumbled while pulling the covers over her head and spoke up in an inaudible manner. "Senju, can you close the windows please?" She waited for a moment for the young girl to respond yet no movement was made beside her in the bed.

"Senju?" Forcing one of her eyes open, she peeked out of the covers causing her eyes to squint shut in an instant when the sunrays greeted her blindingly. Grumbling, she rubbed her sleepy eyes and as soon as her vision has fully adjusted, she eyed the room, confusion written all over her face. "Huh? How did I get here?" She asked herself, roaming her eyes around her room that she was sure is within Wakasa's house. Her eyebrows almost meeting, she racked her brain trying to remember the events last night.

"Was that all a dream?" She scratched the back of her head, still processing what happened in her mind and finding the most reasonable one to believe. "That must be it. It must be a dream—oh thank God!" She released a huge sigh of relief. She felt scared. The events felt so real that it's almost as if it really happened in real life. Moreover, she's only happy that it was a just a dream, not really wanting to get into a real fight with the guy.

Feeling once more energetic, she performed her morning routine and made her way downstairs where he spot the man on the dining table.

"Good morning!!" She greeted with great enthusiasm. With her sudden appearance, Wakasa's hand froze midair as he threw the girl a shocked and confused look. The moment she realised what he's been doing, she pointed an accusatory finger at him and pouted. "Wah—traitor! I thought we promised to eat together!" She glared at him but Wakasa can only stare at her in daze.

He was completely puzzled at her behaviour.

It's like the girl is acting as if they didn't just shout at each other last night.

"What's for breakfast today?" She huffed and sat on the seat opposite to him while eyeing the food on the table. The girl didn't even have any idea of what was in his mind as she was focused at sulking for the man broke their promise.

Wakasa on the other hand still can't get his mind together and just watched her grab some food onto her plate. That is until she felt his piercing gaze that she looked up and raised a brow at him when she met his confused gaze.

"Is something the matter? You look like you've seen a ghost." She asked with pure innocence. The man blinked a few times before he finally found the words to say.

"You're not mad anymore?" He would lie if he said he wasn't expecting her to act cold towards him. Afterall, neither of them have apologized to the other yet.

"Huh? Mad? What for?" Y/N tilted her head to the side looking as if she's more puzzled than the man is.

"For what happened yesterday." He silently answered. It felt like the girl forgot about him and he was now contemplating with his own self whether it's right that he reminded her about it when she's already acting all jolly around him again.

"Huh?" She threw him a confused look before her eyes widen in realization and her mouth fell into an 'o' shape in realization. "You mean... that wasn't a dream?" Wakasa blinked at her and didn't know how to react but shook his head in response. He can't help but think how she came to the conclusion that all of that was a dream.

They both fell silent for a moment just staring at each other until Y/N cleared her throat, avoiding his gaze, now feeling uneasy with his company all of a sudden. And with just that, the mood automatically switched.