Chapter 43: Guilt

3RD PERSON'S POV

People kept glancing at a certain H/C hair who stood with her head low. Judging looks and whispers were ignored by the girl who had a blank look on her face. She only hugged the jacket wrapped around her with her mind filled with only the events that happened before she managed to sneak into the train.

She didn't know what came into her mind for her to push him like that. The taste of iron made its way to her tongue due to how hard she bit her lip as a tear slipped down her cheek with the memory repeating in her mind, torturing her even more with thoughts of the possible consequences for what she's done.

Hours have passed and Wakasa sat on the ground, leaning on a wall and waiting for the girl to come. He chose to trust her words and yet every minute, he's starting to lose hope that she wouldn't come. It was already dark when he reached the place where the train dropped them off. Now it's already late and still she hasn't come to him. He has been cursing in his mind continuously for leaving the girl like that.

Suddenly, a familiar scent passed by him and he whipped his head towards its direction. There, he spot the girl walking and staring ahead, failing to notice him.

"Y/N?" He made sure and the figure stopped. Slowly, she turned to him still feeling down. Instead of feeling relief now that she's back with him, she only felt horrible. Not because she made him wait for too long but because of what she did. Before she could even speak his name, a pair of arms wrapped around her small frame and immediately engulfed her in a tight embrace.

"Y/N." Unlike her, Wakasa felt all of his worries fade away the moment he saw her that he can't help but pull her against him. He's now aware that she kept her promise and made it safe to him. "You're safe. You're safe... you took so long to get here." He can't even express how happy he is to see her again safe and sound.

But the girl didn't return the hug and stood still, feeling guilt wash over her. After a few seconds, Wakasa pulled away, instantly checking her for injuries.

"Why the hell would you do that?! What if they did something worst to you?! I won't even be able to help you. Why did you push me??" He asked worriedly while cupping her cheeks. The worried look he's giving her made Y/N soft that she wanted to melt under his gaze right at that moment. She can see how much he cares for her and it's hurting her, knowing it only makes it hard for her to grasp the path she has in life.

"Wakasa..." her voice broke as if pleading him to help her. "I killed him." She said, choking on her tears as she gripped his shirt in her clenched fists. "I killed him, Waka. I-I killed Calix... I killed my fiancé." She started sobbing, remembering how she watched the train hit his defenseless body. It's not only her conscience eating her up and torturing her she killed someone as she's used to it already... but the fact that a war might commence because of what she did. There will be total chaos within the mafia considering Valencia which was led by Calix is one of the top groups.

Worse is they could even be in greater danger now than before now that Calix's men are up against her as well for what she did.

"I didn't mean to." She whispered the words as once more, the incident flashed in her mind.

"I hate you."

"I didn't mean to, Waka. I swear I didn't mean to do it." She repeatedly swore, blaming herself for what is to come. She has always been careful in dealing with the other mafia leaders. But in that moment, everything just went blank for her and she just gave in to her impulses. Something that she tried to hold in after everything he did to her.

Wakasa didn't know how to react but unconsciously he wrapped his arms around her again and buried her head on his chest, continuously soothing her back to try to calm her.