Chapter 26: Stay

3RD PERSON'S POV

Y/N is now almost finished in packing her things that were left undone last night. After their talk during breakfast, she only left Wakasa hanging on his curiosity when she replied to his question with a simple shrug. And then again, he's been questioning her as he's watching her fix her things in her room.

"Why did you choose to stay here with me? You could've gone to the Akashis." He crossed his arms and didn't even bother helping the girl who's struggling in inserting everything into her bag. She let out a laugh seeing how persistent the man was.

"Curious, aren't we?" She paused and looked at him and wiggled her eyebrows playfully. "Sorry but I prefer to stay with a pretty boy like you." She teased to which he glared in response.

"That was a serious question." He huffed.

"And that was a serious answer." She giggled and went back to zipping up her bag. With a frown, he walked up to her and grabbed her wrist to stop her.

"Stop packing already." Pulling her away from the bed, he unzipped her bag and pulled her clothes out and onto the bedsheets.

"Huh? What are you doing??" Y/N was surprised and puzzled at the same time at his behavior and tried to stop him but Wakasa didn't budge an inch despite her efforts.

"You're staying here." He simply said, clearly implying that he isn't taking no for an answer.

"Eh?! Are you crazy?? I can't stay here any longer. They'll find you!" Her mind felt like malfunctioning at his sudden change of mind but for some reason, hearing him say that made her glad. Even when she can't read whatever is in his mind to convince her to stay, still she's happy for it.

"And??" He raised a judging brow at her and she returned it with a sassier look, placing a hand on her hip.

"What do you mean and?? You'll get in trouble because of that." She even pushed his forehead back with her finger as if that would help in inserting the information in his head. However, Wakasa effortlessly stopped her wrist and looked at her seriously.

"I'm aware of that. But I can defend myself. I am not letting you live alone when you're in this dangerous situation." By his answer, she was silenced.

Her heart was jumping in joy followed by the butterflies celebrating in her stomach at his words. Even when his tone was nowhere near heartwarming, she felt how much he cared for her at this very moment.

"Wakasa..." A smile tugged on her lips that she failed to hide. He's looking at her with confusion in his eyes at her seemingly bright aura. With a giggle, she threw herself onto him, wrapping her arms around his neck in a tight embrace.

"O-Oi!" Protectively, his arms wrapped around her waist in an instant but he failed to keep their balance when the back of his leg hit the edge of the bed, causing the both of them to fall down with her on top of him.

"You love me too much." She chuckled, not even caring that they just stumbled to the soft and comfy sheets where her clothes were scattered.

However, Wakasa is internally panicking because of their position. He's too scared to even return the hug for being taken aback. He doesn't even know what's running on her mind about the kiss last night. He could only gulp while trying to calm himself down, hoping to not do anything he'll regret later on.

"Y/N—!!" He was about to tell her to get off when he felt her tighten her hold on him as soft uncontrolled sobs were heard beside his ear.

Wakasa doesn't even know how much his words and decision made the girl feel.