Chapter 49: Worst Friend

WAKASA'S POV

"Why do you have to be so stubborn?" Before I can even control myself, I have already let those words slip from my tongue out of frustration. That time when I went down the mountain, I was able to give the others a call just to assure them of our status. But then Takeomi mentioned the fight that Brahman is to face soon enough. I can't just sit back and let them handle all of it... especially now that we're against South Terano. He's one dangerous man that I'm sure not only one person can take down that easily.

I strongly believe that Y/N will be fine here. After all, the battle would only last within a day. I can come back by night or something. She'll be safe here because no one has been able to track her by the time we ran away from Tokyo.

But why can't she just listen to me first to agree to my decision?

"Do you not trust me? Tell me, Y/N. Do you not believe in me? Do you really think I'll let myself get killed by them when I know you're waiting for me??" I know she's worried sick of me a lot. But I don't want it to suffocate the both of us. I can manage my own self and I know that she can, too. It's rude of me to leave her soon in this state but she'll probably be fine without me for just a day. And her ankle would be pretty much healed at the day of the three deities battle.

"No, Waka. You know what I—"

"Then why??" A pained emotion flashed in her eyes the moment I cut her off. I quickly look down to avoid pitying her. I can't let everything go like this forever. "You're always like this. You keep on deciding for everyone. No matter what we say, you still push your decision on others and make them follow your demands." I saw her flinch at my words. I don't mean it to insult her or anything. I just want her to realize what she's been doing all the time.

"Back at the train station, you just decided all of a sudden and push me into the train without even considering my opinion. And for what?? For my own safety? Do you think I'm happy that you did that and faced them all by yourself?" She remained silent at my sudden rant and I clench my fists. I could've helped her that time. If only she didn't try to make me go then I would've been by her side. She wouldn't even be in that depressed state by what she did. I wouldn't even have to witness her being dead inside for many days. "You're always... always pulling strings on others." I said in a low tone. "And we all did what you wanted."

She didn't answer and continued to listen as I continue.

"Even back in high school, it's always us who follow your orders around just because you wanted what's best for us. But what about us? What about what we feel? Did you even stop to think if we're okay with your decision?" I know it's her normal attitude to be pushy and all but she can't continue to be like that all the time or she'll hurt the people around her more. Just like what she did at the train station.

It didn't only hurt my pride for I couldn't do anything to be there with her.

But it also hurt me to see her eyes clearly begging for help while she tried to save me from that situation.

It was against her own will and not at the same time.

And it hurts me to see her just as conflicted with herself as I am.

I don't want her to repeat things that way. I don't want her to suffer alone—I don't want her to suffer at all. I don't want her to put someone else first again only to end up getting hurt all by herself. I want to carry that burden with her. So I want her to change that kind of way of how she manage things. For her to learn to depend on me as well.