Chapter 38: Promises with a Mother

3RD PERSON'S POV

"It's been awhile. I've really been thinking about visiting them lately. Glad we're free today."

The two of them sat in front of the grave of someone dear to them with flowers in front of it. Y/N is sitting with her legs folded as she rested her arms on top of her knees with a cap on to shadow her face from unwanted attention. She let out a sigh after a long silence as she stare in front with sad eyes.

"I miss her." Wakasa gave her a side glance, noticing her depressed aura but didn't know what to reply, considering it's his mother. They had just visited her mother's grave so he didn't really know what to say when she's been silent ever since. Suddenly, she opened her mouth again but this time to question him. "Are you really fine without her?" At this question, Wakasa pursed his lips until she chuckled while shaking her head.

"Sorry... I just wish we could've spend more time with them." She sighed again and wondered. "Don't you feel lonely sometimes without her around?" Aware that Wakasa's living all by himself since his mother passed away before they graduated high school, she can't help but often sympathise him for it especially when she lost her dearest mother the next years.

Wakasa was silent for a moment before deciding to answer her honestly.

"I do." His eyes wandered on his mother's carved name. He has always been feeling lonely going home without his mother welcoming him back. He even blamed himself for not not being there for her even if he isn't the one she needed the most in that moment. Forever can never be enough for him to move on from her sudden death. But he couldn't do anything about it now that he doesn't even know who the criminal is. He clenched his fist before continuing. "She's my mother, afterall."

Y/N immediately noticed his calm demeanour change. She knows how much pain Wakasa went through when he lost his mother. He never showed it to anyone but she once saw him crying for his mother's disappearance. She knows how painful it is to lose a mother but she could never compare her pain to his when they grew up in different lives. She only wanted to know if he's still carrying the burden with him but now she knows. He still kept it to himself all along.

Reaching her hand on top of his, she squeezed his fist to help him calm down. When Wakasa noticed something warm engulf his hand, he looked to his side to see the H/C haired girl smiling at him warmly.

"But don't worry. You have me now. I can't replace her but I can accompany you always so you won't be lonely." She stated.

At that moment, seeing Wakasa like this made her remember something that she made in the past.

"Y/N-chan, I know Imaushi's been a troublesome friend but please understand him at all times. He just have a hard time expressing himself sometimes." The mother of Imaushi said, smiling at the teenage girl sitting across the table. She gripped the cup tightly in her hands as she stare at the table.

"I'm actually very worried. A lot of teens at his age fear him because he often gets into gang fights." She continued with a defeated sigh, worried about her own son who's been involved in multiple gang fights lately. She looked up at the teen girl who listened to her words attentively. "So I want you to be his friend and be with him at all times. Because my Imaushi is still so young that he needs someone to be with him. Accompany him in life until he gets to learn how to truly fight his internal conflict with himself. Search for his true self and help him express it freely, dear." The sudden turn of subject to his internal complication made Y/N tilt her head in confusion. Although she's a little confused at what his mother was implying, she still flashed her a wide grin with confidence, not really bothering what it is that her words meant.