Chapter 14: Suspicious

TAKEOMI'S POV

It's still hard to process everything in my mind. From witnessing Y/N kill those guys to learning about the truth of her being away for years. The way she looked so fragile and weak when she saw me and explaining everything to me clearly showed how broken she is.

I feel like she has suffered more than what she told me. Her beautiful eyes has never shown that kind of emotion before. Such desperation and fear overflowing her emotions. I can't help but feel empathy with her. All of the doubts I had for her bond with us vanished in an instant.

I can't believe the old cheerful and childish Y/N can be this serious and hurt underneath that mask she has wore all the time. That she beared all of it on her own when Shin passed away.

I did my best to reassure her of everything and helped her calm down. We've been sitting here for awhile now and I completely forgot that we were looking for her earlier until I saw their figures nearing us.

"Oi!! There you are!" I saw Senju running up to us, pointing an accusatory finger at me with a frown on her face. "Big bro Takeomi! You didn't call us that you already found her! We were worried!" Shit. I forgot to give them a call. I was so caught up with what happened that I totally forgot.

"I'm sorry, I forgot."

Wakasa stopped right in front of us and eyed the person beside me who exchanged glances with the rest.

"You're cold?" He asked, nodding his head to her, looking at the jacket around her. I had lent her the jacket earlier because there was dried blood on her shirt that she didn't seem to notice.

"Hm?" She looked down and blinked her eyes, realizing she's still wearing it. She looked up and scratched the back of her head. "Oh! Yeah! Omi here was kind enough to lend me his hoodie." She laughed. There it is again.

Who would have even thought that she's been through so much when she keeps smiling like that?

"Yeah, she was starting to get hives by bearing the cold inside the mall." I said, backing her up. I already talked to her about it and she told me that she's still looking for the right timing to tell the others. Until she's ready, then I'll support her for now.

Wakasa only raised a brow at us suspiciously. He's still as sharp as ever. I mean it does look suspicious when it's still hot outside and here she is wearing a thick sweater and a jacket at the same time.

Suddenly, Senju shouted.

"Huh?? Wait a minute!!" She went to Y/N's face. Too close that she had to back away a few inches from my sister in surprise. Senju's eyes turned to slits as she glared at us. "Did you guys eat something without us knowing??"

"What do you mean?" Y/N tilted her head to the side in confusion and my sister turned to her again and pointed at her face.

"Is that strawberry juice I see on the side of your lips, Y/N??" We all moved to see what it is and my eyes widened in an instant, realizing what that stain on her face is.

She didn't seem to realise it yet when she looked at Senju weirdly and parted her lips slightly, sticking the tip of her tongue to the side. I quickly reacted on this and grabbed her chin to stop her. The moment I did so, I instantly felt Waka's stare at the back of my head. But I shrugged it off and widened my eyes at Y/N, trying to communicate with her through eye contact.

"Ah-ah! Don't you lick it." I smiled and hoped she'll get the message I'm trying to send. And she did! A second later after staring at me, she finally realised what I'm trying to say and her eyeballs almost popped out in disgust. Right, she still hates blood.

"Oh fu—"

"Yeah, I found her eating earlier. Right, you sneaky little brat?" I added, ruffling her hair. And I could've sworn I can feel a chilly gaze on me from the side to which I ignore when Senju gasped in protest.

"Y/N!!!"

"I'll treat you to something to make it up to you!" Y/N apologized, wiping the stain off her face. "Let's go eat after you buy the outfits." She said, wrapping her arm around Senju's, pulling her to the other way as she muttered a thank you to me.

I got up as well to follow them with Wakasa and Benkei.

"Takeomi." I looked to the side to meet Benkei's curious gaze.

"Yeah?"

"I haven't seen the ones following us. Where do you think they went?" He asked. Oh that. I can't just casually say that Y/N killed them. And she promised to tell them the truth soon. And so, acting innocent, I looked around pretentiously and shrugged my shoulders.

"I don't know either. But I think we'll be fine." Those guys were not after us anyway. If Y/N didn't deal with them, would we have fought them by now? Even though they're armed...

I can tell a certain someone would be too worried to fight if that's the case.

I thought to myself, stealing a glance to my right where Wakasa is.

"I almost thought they did something to Y/N. All of them disappeared at the same time she did." I added to be more convincing and Benkei nodded his head in agreement.

"You're right but Y/N seems to be fine and still in her usual cheerful self." He said and once again I felt the aches in my chest, knowing they only see that side of hers. I can't believe I've been her friend for a long time yet this felt like the first time I've seen her so down.

We're so used to her being such a sunshine that we're forgetting a light exists because there is darkness.

"Y/N..." I watched her cheerfully chat with my little sister as if she did not just broke down into a puppy earlier around me.

"What is it, Takeomi?" I snapped out of my thoughts when I heard Wakasa beside me and I quickly shook my head.

"Nothing. Just thought that the hoodie looks too big on her." I pointed and the two of them looked ahead, seeing the jacket had reached Y/N's thighs because of the height difference and nodded.

"Oh you're right."

"You two..."  I turn to look at Waka who gave me a look while biting onto the stick between his lips. "..Aren't hiding something from us, are you?" He asked with a boring look on his face.

Oh how sharp.

"Of course not!" I smiled mockingly at him and he only narrowed his eyes at me suspiciously as I laugh in response.

If only he could be as sharp with Y/N's situation, too.

___________
Author's Note:
Why am I starting to like Omi on this...😩 I feel like making Takeomi your old ma—big brother in this story...

P.S
I might not be updating for awhile due to some personal reasons. Thank you for reading and voting though! I'll be back with new chapters soon!