Chapter 51: A Little Help

WAKASA'S POV

"WHAAATT?!" Senju's high pitched voice made it through my eardrum almost shaking everything in my body in shock.

It was yesterday when the confession happened. And for the whole day, there has been a very awkward atmosphere between me and Y/N. Though we tried opening up a conversation, we only ended up in a more awkward situation. I don't even know how to bring up the topic about yesterday. So when I had the chance today, I invited her to take a stroll outside as an excuse to make a call since there really is no signal deep in the forest. Luckily, I managed to make a call as she rested on a huge rock, taking in the view in silence.

As soon as Omi answered the call, I immediately started to explain everything with Senju and Benkei listening on the other line with him.

And here, we have Senju overreacting when she heard that Y/N confessed to me.

"And what did you do?!" She asked still with her voice in a high tone. I pulled the phone a few inches away from my ear, hoping it'll help in preventing me from getting deaf. As her question registered in my mind, I turn to my right where I saw Y/N staring up ahead and fortunately, not able to hear what I'm saying.

I tried to recall what happened and what I did after what she said to me but somehow, nothing helpful came into my mind.

What in the world did I do after she admitted her feelings to me?

Actually...

"Nothing." There was a short silence and I can tell the three of them had their mouths open in disappointment.

"Wakasa, what the hell?!" I heard Takeomi complain on the other line followed by his younger sibling.

"Are you being serious right now??" She added and I let out a sigh. I can't blame them if they're reacting this way. I, too think that I was being stupid for not even giving Y/N a response—even didn't bother to correct her wrong conclusion of my own feelings for her. How dumb can the two of us be, to be honest?

"I know, I know. That's why I called you. I need your help." That brings me to my purpose of this call.

"On what exactly?" This time it's Benkei who spoke up in a calm manner.

Sending a quick glance at the H/C haired girl from a distance, I combed my hair back and away from my face while letting out a sigh. I have been thinking about it for the whole night that I couldn't even sleep properly. Somehow, my self reflection brought me to this decision.

"I want to return the confession." I admitted. There's really no reason for me to hide my feelings anymore. There's no reason for me to set it aside any longer. Now that I'm assured that it's me who she likes. I can no longer feel the nervousness for getting rejected but for trying to be the right person for her. I want to prove that I'm more than deserving to be someone she loved for all those years.

But the reaction on the other line was not what I was expecting. The three of them let out gasps of shock which got me confused for a moment.

"You heartless monster." Takeomi commented, causing my brows to furrow even more.

"Jerk! Go to hell! Y/N doesn't deserve you." I heard the young girl huff. I can already imagine her glaring at the phone with her arms crossed right this very moment. But... what did I do?

"Calm down, Senju." I heard Takeomi talk to her.

"I'm surprised she still likes you. What an idiot." I can tell Senju's already rolling her eyes to the back of her head with the annoyance clearly heard in her voice. I'm still puzzled at what she's saying but it seemed that she and Takeomi are talking to each other as their voices sounded faint on the phone.