Chapter 65: Approaching Battle

3RD PERSON'S POV

"I'm going after her." With his eyes directed at his shoes, Wakasa kept his head low as he talked to Takeomi and Benkei about it. He didn't know how to approach them about this matter. He feels bad having to decide it all on his own when they also have the right to partake in it as Y/N's trusted friends. "I'll train with her father and fight. That's all that's left for me to do to see her again... with our unborn child." He whispered the last words in a soft manner as if scared to get judged by them at the news.

"I'm sorry, everyone... for being selfish."

There was a long pause with only silence circulating among them. Takeomi sitting on the couch and Benkei leaning on the boxing ring, listening to the conversation attentively. Takeomi removed the cigarette from his parted lips and blew out the smoke, replying to Wakasa's words.

"Man, are you stupid or what?" The two men's eyes immediately went to him at his abrupt yet laid back demeanour. "What are you even sorry for? We fully support your decision." To Wakasa's surprise, the man didn't seem to be upset at what he just said. There was enough confusion shown on his face as he stare at him but it was Benkei who spoke up.

"Y/N's father paid us a visit, as well." Wakasa turned to him with a surprised look on his face. "But unfortunately, he didn't approve of us joining his plan." Benkei clenched his fist. After hearing the words of Y/N's father, he really wanted to make him join their plans. But Y/N's father has decided not to, convinced that Y/N will only be mad at him for doing so. Afterall, it was Wakasa who he purposely visited in Japan for her as he's the one who's probably gonna be in permanent contact with her soon.

"You..."

"It was hard to convince him. Sorry." Benkei apologized and Takeomi cut in.

"Though we're all glad to know that Y/N is safe somewhere." He was just as disappointed at the old man's decision but still, he thinks it's for the best. "We may not be able to fight alongside you but know that we're always here ready to lend our support." He stood up and approached Wakasa with steady steps before placing his heavy hand on his shoulder.

"Go get her back into our beautiful world, Waka. She probably misses a lot." He smiled and cheered for his buddy. He knows better than to stop his friend from participating in this risky plan. He has seen Wakasa break over and over for the girl. Stopping him will do no good either.

It's for him to take risks for her this time.

All he can do is provide support for them and pray for their safety.

"You're not alone in this. We're here too."

"Running out of patience?" He blinked a few times and turned his head to the side to see the man stand beside him, eyeing the view in front of them. Wakasa lowered his head slightly. It's only been two months since his heavy training started. He agreed to Y/N's father's condition to get stronger and fight the battle that Y/N is trying to run away from. But the more time ticks, the eager he gets to see her again, knowing she's carrying something so precious with her. "The battle isn't over yet. If you really want her to live freely, we need to end all of this problem first." He continued, wanting to still get Wakasa's determination strong and intact.

Wakasa only sighed quietly and nod his head once. He is very much aware of what he got himself into the moment he said yes to Y/N's father's offer. But he can't help and recall some things in Japan and his friends who supported his decision. Friends who are also hoping for Y/N's freedom.

"I know."

"And you also know that the cycle will possibly still continue even after this." Y/N's father blurted out, pertaining to how the mafia works. He knows. He knows that after this big battle for his daughter, the revenge cycle will still happen in the mafia world. People will fight and kill for their own selfish reasons. For beneficiaries... or self satisfaction.