Chapter 55: The Surprise

YOUR POV

Tired.

I'm getting tired of running.

They've been chasing me nonstop. My foot felt numb. I can't even tell what happened to my sprained ankle. But I'm sure I'm worsening the condition. I looked down to my foot as I stay hidden behind a lower area of the forest.

"Please hang in there for awhile." I whispered as if my swollen ankle has a mind of its own. I'm hoping I won't feel the pain soon enough until all of this is over. Not wasting anymore time, I reloaded the gun in my hand. Somehow, when I forced myself earlier, I managed to snatch a weapon from one of them. It was pure luck. I can't even put up a fight against them, considering I'm outnumbered.

I'm alone.

I can't survive this.

"Calm down, calm down." I punch my chest a couple of times lightly, hoping my fast-beating heart would calm down. As much as I hate to admit it, I still feel so scared. I don't want to be taken away. I don't want to die yet. I still have so many things I didn't do. I still want to be with him.

Suddenly, when the thought of Waka passed me, something flashed in my mind.

Shit.

The box.

It was in the cabin. I need to get it back. I can't get out of this forest without it. I can't abandon it. It's the only thing I can leave for Waka. He needs to have it no matter what. Especially if I have to leave without having to see him again. I left everything in that box. He has to have it before I leave.

But how?

"Y/N!!" I flinched when I heard the voice of the same man as earlier. I'm not even sure which group he's from. And I couldn't give a damn about it anymore. Anyone in this forest are all enemies to me at this point. I really need to think of a plan to get to the cabin to take the box. If I keep running, I'll be able to reach the cabin. But I'm not sure if it's the safest way. There could be people in the direction I'm about to take. And considering my currently injured condition, I can't take the risk.

What now?

"Do you really think you can escape us?? It's not just us who are after you now. You're basically surrounded! Why don't you come out now and we might even rethink whether we kill you or return you to your father. Don't you want to see your father again?" I heard him said and I clenched my fists. They know I'm not in my best condition which is why they have the face to mock me. Fuck this injury. If only I was being careful the other day... I would've been able to fight them. Waka wouldn't have taken care of me all the time. I wouldn't have become so dependent on him.

"Why even run away? You could've had the life together with Valencia. But instead, you chose to be at risk." He continued and I stiffened. He's wrong. I was already in danger with Valencia. I ran away only to be in danger with many other groups who could be in the same level as Calix.

I bite my lip. Why do I have such a messed up life? It's even frustrating how no one knew of my and Calix's situation. No one even knew why I ran away besides the people at L/N's residence. These people know nothing and yet they had the nerve to criticize me of my decision.

I hate how people kept on convincing themselves that I made the wrong decision when it's people like them who suffocate me.

"That Calix guy was such a sucker for you. You should've just married him. He would probably have our heads by now for coming after you." I can hear footsteps approaching as the dried leaves beneath his feet make a crunching sound. Is he alone? Why don't I sense the others? Is he that confident he can take me down just because I'm injured?? I readied myself, waiting for him to approach my position. There's no time for me to feel insulted. I need to get out of this situation first. This guy is really persistent. He's been at my throat since the beginning whoever he is. "Only if he wasn't dead." I froze at his words. A heavy silence befell our surroundings.