Chapter 62: I Want To See Her

3RD PERSON'S POV

~Back to the present~

Wakasa stood stunned in his place after hearing the man's words.

'Y/N is alive...?' He thought it was bullshit after witnessing a lot in the crime scene. But a part of him felt hopeful as another part of him continued to doubt, thinking this man is just trying to mess around with him.

"Y/N..." Speaking of her name once again made him feel a lot of emotions. For the past week, all he's been doing is to avoid any possible topics involving the girl. Everytime he thinks of her, he couldn't help but feel all the negativity surrounding him. Guilt. Sadness. Anger. He wants to take revenge for it.

He bit his quivering lip and hardened his gaze at the man, simply glaring at him with doubt.

"Don't." The man who claimed to be Y/N's father raised a brow in noticing the quick shift of Wakasa's soft and hopeful gaze into a hard and serious one. "Don't play with people's feelings." Wakasa clenched his fists on his sides, trying to stay calm.

Mr. L/N then sighed. He realized that the younger man is still in that kind of state, considering how he's reacting at the mention of his daughter. And honestly, he could only pity him for it.

"I'm not playing. Why would I joke about this kind of matter?" He spoke again and met his gaze, showing him he's sincere with his words.

Wakasa pursed his lips shut, staring at the man intently. He wanted to believe him for some reason. And as a vehicle passed by the road outside the house, its lights managed to seep through the glass windows, exposing more of their features clearer to each other. At that moment, Wakasa could've sworn he saw the same man who he saw on television the night when he found out Y/N's a runaway.

He tried to swallow but he couldn't. He can feel his throat dry as well as the insides of his mouth. His fingers starting to tremble as his mind was filled with hopes to see the girl again just like what he wished for the times she wasn't around.

'Y/N is... she's alive.' He thought to himself once again, feeling a hint of happiness and relief in him. He's not even bothered as he let go of his doubts about the man in front of him. He wanted those words and thoughts to be true no matter what.

"W-Where is she?" His voice hoarse and breathy as he failed to clear his throat first.

"Somewhere far to be protected. I assume you want to see her." Y/N's father answered without a second thought, finally getting into his point for this visit. After all, he flew from America to Japan to meet this man personally. The man who beared child with his daughter.

Wakasa frowned, not getting the idea of how Y/N managed to survive after everything.

"Why? H-How? There was an explosion... and the fire—it was too big. The rescuers even reported that there were no survivors that night." He was devastated when he waited in front of that mountain, hoping she'll come out soon. He even roamed the area but sure enough, no signa of the girl were found. Only the wreckage everywhere.

"That's because we came before them." The older man replied. He and his men were able to reach the place before the rescuers could. Though it was hard for them to look for her when the forest was already burning in huge flames, making it more difficult to have a vision around the area. "Although I was a bit late to come to the rescue. The chase had long started and we only found her lying unconscious and being surrounded by the fire." He continued, remembering the time when he saw Y/N already in the brink of her death as Gabriel was desperately trying to get her out of the place.