Chapter 2: Beg

YOUR POV

With a blank look on my face, I once again release a sigh out of frustration as I dusted off the dust on his carved name on his grave.

"You idiot... so this is why you never came back." I pouted as I glare at his grave.

Shinichiro.

Even after leaving everything behind without a thought before, Shinichiro didn't think twice of following after me just to make sure that it is what I really wanted. Amongst all my friends, Shin is the one I consider the closest to me. He knows everything. He knows how much I treasure everyone here which is the very reason he went after me.

When I explained everything to him, he understood but insisted on visiting me at least once a month. My father had forbidden any outsiders to meet me but Shin was an exception. He never fails to capture the hearts of those around him.

No wonder I fell for this guy before.

Well maybe like young love of something.

Amidst my longing for everyone, Shinichiro was there with me... bearing the burden I had on my shoulders in trying and trying to meet my father's expectations ever since I stepped foot in America. He was there to support me. Shin was my only connection to the rest of our friends. But that was cut short when he suddenly stopped visiting.

I thought he had abandoned me.

Or maybe he grew tired of supporting me ceaselessly.

Or maybe that girl finally gave her 'yes' to him that he forgot about me already.

Though I know he's not that kind of person.

It's much better though than having him six feet underground in my return.

"That's unfair, you know." I felt my voice crack the moment I said those words. I bit my lip to stop my tears. "I waited for you." And I even promised.

I promised that I'll come back with him and meet everyone again to surprise them once my training's all over.

"I didn't even know..." I wiped my cheek where my tear slipped as I try to swallow the heavy lump in my throat of wanting to mourn over the best friend I could ever have. The very best friend whose death I've known nothing of for years just because I lost the very connection I had in this place. I touched his name, tracing every line on it. "I guess now it's my turn to visit you too. And I'll be sure to bring you sweets like you used to do with me."

I chuckled, remembering how he would surprise me with my favorite sweets and desserts whenever he's visiting me. Just like how we used to be when we were kids.

I haven't even tried surprising him with one yet.

Stupid Shin. Why'd you have to leave so early?

"I miss you, bud."

As we left the cemetery, I can't help but continue to think of Shinichiro's death case. It's impossible that my father didn't receive the news. He most probably chose to hide it from me, expecting me to never return to this homeland of mine. I was pleased when I heard that I'll be living with him. But it wasn't the best place that I imagined it to be. I really thought that I'll be fine once I'm with my father after the loss of mother. But I only felt isolated when I'm there especially when they cut my communication with my friends telling me it's for my and their protection.

As we were walking, I can't help but notice a presence tailing us.

I stopped on my tracks as I called their attention. Now that I'm sure this anonymous person is following us, I can't risk leading them the way to Wakasa's home which is exactly where we're headed. It is too dangerous when I'm in this situation now.