Chapter 47: One-Sided

YOUR POV

I suddenly woke up from my sleep, feeling my throat dry and needing water. Even if I didn't want to, I forced myself to get up from the bed. My ankle isn't better yet so I used the wall for support as I walk. Thanks to the moonlight, I'm able to see where I'm going. I reached the table and reached for the water container. As I was gulping down the water from the glass, I spot something moving in the corner of my eye.

"Hm? Waka?" I said in a low tone and turned to the direction where Wakasa laid on the sofa, sleeping with his body now facing the ceiling.

What in the world is he doing here when there's space in a room for him?

Still feeling sleepy, I slowly made my way to him, trying my best to not force my injured foot on the floor. When I reached him, I sat on the edge of the sofa and shook his body softly with the intent to not shock him from waking up.

"Oi." I called out to him but he didn't even budge and instead, kept sleeping. "Wake up and go to your room." I talked as if he could hear and understand me in his sleep. He seem to be in a deep sleep but I can't just let him sleep here or he'll have body pains by tomorrow morning. He's already experiencing a lot of it for the past days, no wonder. He should take better care of himself. Is he dumb or what?

"Wakaaa." This time, I raised the tone of my voice, hoping that it'll get through his dream and wake him up. "Hellooo??" I even waved my hand in front of his face but there was no reaction.

Now I'm not sure anymore if he's just really asleep or he's purposely ignoring me. Feeling annoyed at that thought, I hit his chest lightly but still, the only reaction I got was him stirring and even turned more to my direction, making his features more visible with the help of the light coming from outside through the open windows. There's not even a groan or what.

"I know you're not a heavy sleeper, you dummy." I frowned. But then again, no reaction. Seeing as my attempts have no effect, I came up with another idea. Holding my hair back, I leaned down towards him and steadied my lips right above his ear. I almost let out a giggle at the stupid idea but still managed to suppress it. With a low and husky tone, I whispered.

"Imaushi darling, wakey wakey~"

To my dismay... again, no reaction.

I pulled back and looked at his sleeping figure with a confused look on my face.

"Hm? Are you really asleep?" I asked more to myself while checking his face in different angles as if it's gonna let me know if he really is asleep or not. Why would he even pretend to be asleep anyway?

Could it be...

"Hey, I can't carry you, you know." I quickly said while patting his shoulder. I know he did the same thing to me before but I really can't do that to him especially right now with my injured foot. Well, unless he's good with being dragged on the floor to his room then I'll gladly do so. "Should I try though?" I asked myself.

With a heavy sigh, I picked up his arm and wrapped it around my nape as I attempted to pull his body up only to be dropped back down again without even reaching a minute. I didn't even get to pull his whole body up yet and I've already given up.

"No, definitely no." I said to myself and unwrapped his arm around me.

I stayed there, watching him while trying to figure out how I can get him to wake up and go rest in his room properly. But as time passes, I can't help my mind but think of how much I admire the man sleeping.

He looks so peaceful and innocent. The light coming from outside is such a blessing to have to compliment his sharp and beautiful features. I can't help but smile as I eye the man. He looks just like how he was when we were young. Just like the day I first met him. Just like the day he caught my eye.