Chapter 70: Finally

3RD PERSON'S POV

The night after the battle, her father returned safely—though injuries were visible on his body. In the end, she wasn't able to stop herself from getting mad at him for what happened especially after knowing the possibility of him dying if she wasn't able to contact the Bartleys. However surprisingly enough, her father did not even dare to say a word against her nagging as if he already prepared himself to hear those words from her and even apologized to her for some reason.

Remembering that night, she could only sigh at the stubbornness of her own father. Though, she would admit that their interaction at that time somehow lessened the burden that's been weighing on her chest for a long time now. As if she finally witnessed again the father that she used to look up to in her younger years.

"Hm?" Her brows shot up when she once again felt a strong kick from the inside of her womb.

"Hey..." She laid her palm on her bump and spoke. "Aren't you being too energetic this late at night?" She caressed it and smiled at it, somehow finding this feeling lovely.

"Your kicks are getting really strong lately." She commented and a thought popped into her mind. "Just like your father, I see." She chuckled at her own words. Indeed, she knew Waka because of his skills before. And to think that she's about to give birth to his child, it seems to her that their unborn child has already inherited his strong kicks.

"I'm glad." She muttered softly with a smile. She knows she has no face to see him again. For their child to have the same characteristic as him, it would be nice to carry a memory of him with her. "I hope you'll grow into a healthy child once you're born." She said, wondering how the child would look like once it's born.

Would the baby also have Wakasa's looks?

Deciding to push those thoughts away, Y/N quickly shook her head from side to side, not wanting to get herself immersed in that small glimpse of hope in being able to meet the man again. It might not be
good for her to cage herself in those thoughts again or she'll end up in a worse state again. She looked up and released a breath.

"I wonder what Dad wanted me to wait for tonight. It's already getting late. What time is he even gonna show up?" It's been days since that day. The sun has already set as Y/N kept waiting for her father's return. For some unknown reason, her father insisted that she should wait for him today but he didn't even mention at what time. She thought it'll just be for some simple dinner or something but it's already late and he still hasn't come yet.

Wanting to get some fresh air, she made her way towards the opening of the garden but the scenery in front made her stop in an instant.

"What..?" Petals of flowers are scattered on the pathway towards the garden seating, located in the middle of the garden. This could not be just a coincidence as the maids always do a good job in maintaining the tidiness of the garden. So why all of a sudden are the petals scattered everywhere?

"What's going on here?" She slowly made her way towards the seating in her wheelchair. At this time, she would have Katherine assist her but her personal maid doesn't seem to be found anywhere. So she made sure to be extra careful in her state at the moment.

"So pretty..." She couldn't hide her awe at the beauty of her surroundings. The moon shined so brightly and beautifully in the sky while the warm lit lamps light up the garden around her. The plants of different kinds swayed at the direction of the wind as she paced through the path with petals. If anything, Y/N could only think it's like a scene from a romantic genre movie or novel. It was something she never expected to witness in reality.