Chapter 27: A Night To Remember

YOUR POV

The day went by with Wakasa just helping me arrange my things before going to the gym. Now it's already the middle of the night and I'm still awake for no particular reason at all. I was sleepy earlier but chose not to sleep. Why? Again, no reason at all.

I'm currently preparing some popcorn for myself in the kitchen just so I have something to eat while I entertain myself for the night. Suddenly sensing someone's presence nearing me, I quickly turn around in fear that a ghost might pop up any second now. But fortunately, it's only Wakasa who seem to have no sleep as well as he walk into the kitchen, rubbing the back of his head.

"You're still awake." I started and he shrug his shoulders.

"Can't sleep." He didn't even do anything afterwards. Just leaned on the counter and accompanied me in watching the corns pop until it's all ready. When I noticed that he has no plans in moving, I turned to him.

"Would you like something to drink? Milk? Coffee? Tea? Or me?" I let out a snort for trying to stop my laugh from coming out when I saw how his blank expression turned into a cringe one.

"Cut it with the jokes." He waved his hand in front and I laughed out loud. The snack was ready just in time and I look at him, raising the bowl I'm going to use.

"I'm about to watch a movie. Wanna join me?"

"Sure."

"It's the middle of the night and you're watching horror?" He commented as soon as we sat down on the sofa. I flipped my hair with confidence and grabbed the remote to play the movie.

"I'm a brave soul. Now, shush and let's watch."

We're halfway through the movie and I can no longer count just how many times I'm caught in its jumpscares. Now that a scene is playing where a jumpscare is very much expected, I started to look for the remote to lessen the volume but I can't seem to find it anywhere near me.

"Waka? Have you seen the remote? I can't see it on my side." I asked and as much as possible avoided looking at the TV to distract myself in case a jumpscare appears on screen.

However, I heard Wakasa let out a snort.

"What? Scared yet?" He raised a judging eyebrow, obviously making fun of me. I huffed loudly and moved away from him while crossing my arms and legs. Somehow, feeling no sleeve covering my arms feels new to me. Since yesterday, I already felt like I don't need to hide it anymore from him and he's reassuring me that there's no need for me to do so with how normal he's acting towards me as if no sharing of my dark past happened.

"Oh you wish!"

And because of my pride, I just have to ready myself to whatever appears on the screen this time. Please don't let it be something disgusting.

"Hey." I almost jumped out of my seat when I heard a voice beside me and almost cursed Wakasa for making my heart leap in fear.

"Are you trying to give me a heart attack??" I asked, clutching into my chest. Just then, a loud banging together with a shrieking sound coming from the movie echoed in the whole room and I accidentally held onto his arm in shock. He didn't seem to mind it when he continued speaking.

"Do you... do you want to go somewhere tomorrow?" I whipped my head towards his direction, confused at his words.

"Eh? Don't you have something to do tomorrow?" I have noticed how Brahman is currently dealing with some things and I thought he'll be busy with them as well. So, I tried not bothering them with me yet.

"Would I ask you if I have?" He sarcastically replied and I just huffed in response. He's been awfully weird ever since the time we fought. I don't even remember saying something for him to be like this. Or maybe something changed his mind?