Chapter 10: Missing Person

YOUR POV

The moment I opened my eyes early in the morning, I can already hear familiar voices from the living room. I quickly did my morning routine and rushed outside to meet them.

"Good morning!!" I excitedly greeted. Everyone turned their heads towards me and Waka immediately frowned.

"Y/N, don't run around the house. You might trip." He said like a parent scolding a child while holding a cooking utensil. But ignoring his words, I threw myself on the three people sitting on the couch.

"TAKEOMII!! BENKEEEII!! SENJU!!"

"You're always so excited to see us." Takeomi chuckled, patting my head like a kid.

"What can I say? You guys are my favorite people." I proudly exclaimed. Just then I noticed more than two plates placed on the dining table and I turned to them with my eyes sparkling.

"You guys are spending breakfast here??" It's been so long since I last ate with them. Years even. Getting to spend time with them through simple moments like this is what I desperately wanted. Before everything will be taken from me once I go back, at least I get to spend the most with them.

"Yes, Waka called us to come." Benkei answered and I raised my brows in surprise.

"Really??"

"Liar." He interrupted from the kitchen while the three replied simultaneously.

"In-denial." The moment they did so, Wakasa's face peeked from the kitchen with a frown.

"You came here on your own, don't try to drag me into your own scheme." He retorted and I can't help but giggle, clearly aware that they're messing with him again.

"He's just shy to admit it but he's been worried of you since the day you visited Shi—" Senju was cut off with Waka's voice.

"Senju!"

"Oops! Was that supposed to be a secret?" She started laughing out loud when he glared at her.

Was he really worried of me?

I've been feeling mad sick after visiting Shin but I didn't think Wakasa would pay attention to it. Did I let out too much of my emotion?

"Aww, Waka. I'm touched." I fake wiped a tear from my eye as the others laughed along when we heard him grunt in response.

When I notice him wearing an apron, I quickly volunteered.

"Wait! Let me cook breakfast!" It's not like I've cooked them before anyway. I wanted to do it today now that we're all here together... Shin missing though.

"I can handle this, Y/N." He raised his brows at me and I placed my hands on my hips, returning the sassy look at him.

"But I wanna cook for them too." He looked at me weirdly before pointing out.

"As far as I remember you don't know how to." The others snickered behind me and I huffed while pointing at Waka.

"Oi! I've learned a lot while I was away! Don't be so mean!" I stomped my way to him and he sighed out loud at my stubbornness.

"Fine, do what you want but I'm watching you do it." I smile widely in victory until he added. "Oh and can you turn on the TV?" I was the nearest to the remote sitting on the counter and I quickly grab it to turn on the tv.

"Sure!"

Suddenly when I pressed the on button, my eyes almost popped out when I saw my name on the news and my face paled in an instant.

"The father of the bride is willing to give off any amount to anyone who will be able to find the girl—"

Almost smashing the next button, I quickly turned it to the next channel. My heart beating loudly against my chest in panic and my body running cold in the process.

They're already moving.

I should've known. It's only been like not more than a week that I ran away from home and yet my face is already on the news. Heck, I even went to a different country to leave any tracking device I have with me. I had half of my earnings withdrawed from my bank account which is probably frozen by now with my father's connections. Just how dumb can I be? What was I even expecting in the first place? Of course my father would go that far. He knows I left them on purpose.

And I'm aware that I'll be caught someday.

Sooner probably.

"Wait! Why did you change the channel?? We might know who that missing person is! It looked like there was a price for it, too." I turn my head to my friends who whined about what was on the news and obviously failed to notice my name on the screen. Benkei however had a confused and shocked look on his face while staring at me.

Please tell me he didn't see anything.

I quickly cleared my throat and watched the TV screen with not a single thing from it registering in my mind.

"Oh look! Oh how I missed this show!" I giggled, trying to change the subject and continue to stare at the screen with no focus, wondering how I can get myself out of the situation.

I wonder if they find out about what really happened... will it be alright for them if I still stay with them even if it can be risky to them too?

Even just for a few days.

A few days is all I ask to spend time with them. Just enough to cherish everything I have at this moment.

"She misses a commercial?" I heard Senju whispering followed by Takeomi's hushed voice.

"I really don't know what's running in her mind sometimes."

In the corner of my eye, I can see Wakasa just staring at our direction. I can feel the hair at the back of my neck stand to its ends and I shiver when I felt intimidated under their gaze. Stupid Y/N. Didn't even realise that it's a commercial I'm staring at right now.

As the whole thought of my personal issue run in my mind in circles, I started to think of a way on how I can make the best out of everything with them before the time comes when I'll be leaving them... again.

"By the way, you guys don't happen to go somewhere today, right?" I asked while tying an apron around my waist. I watched them look at each other before shaking their heads as response.

"Nope! Why?" At this reply, I smiled at them.

"Let's go shopping later."

Might as well treat them with what I can first.

___________
Author's Note:
Another bad chapter. It might be pretty obvious that I'm struggling expressing the MC's thoughts on this one but I know you get the gist of it so g'luck on that little plan of yours, dahlin~