Chapter 59: Siding with Kanto

3RD PERSON'S POV

A week has passed with the four still in their depressed state. As the day of Draken's death came, all four of them could only feel the worst each day while facing the reality they're in of losing two of their friends. Due to this, the battle of three deities has begun without further ado and Brahman has faced its worst as well.

Losing against both Rokuhara Tandai and Kantou Manji Gang.

However, things took a turn when two of Brahman's executives turned their backs on their gang—Wakasa and Benkei.

No reasons were stated with the both of them switching sides, and leaving Brahman as well as the siblings behind. But to Wakasa, he only wanted one thing. To be stronger in a group that can grow bigger and bigger to be able to fight the ones who took 'her' away from him... from his life. He only wanted to be in a gang that can face the mafia at a sooner time.

To avenge her and make them pay.

That's all he wanted as he's still blinded by his rage and despair of losing the one he loved the most.

And so a few days passed and the time has come for the battle between Kantou Manji Gang and Tokyo Manji Gang Second Generation where the siblings decided to be with is to happen. Both him and Benkei are going to fight them today and the Akashi siblings were far from being delighted of their reckless decision.

"Benkei, you too?! You're seriously siding with Waka on this??" Takeomi shouted as he turned to the well-built man who stood behind Wakasa with an unreadable expression on his face as usual. "We just lost a comrade and you two think siding with Kanto Manji will solve things??" Takeomi was hurt, too. It was hard for him to lose two friends and yet, it felt like he lost four of them with Wakasa and Benkei not being themselves ever since their lost. He felt hurt to see them turn themselves in to a path they're not supposed to be in.

"Let's accept it, Takeomi. Brahman has lost. So did Senju." Wakasa spoke in a monotone voice. His face had no expression as he stared blankly at the man. He didn't even bother explaining to anyone why he left Brahman and joined Kantou. He knew that they won't understand him. He knew that they would only try to get in his way.

And no, he isn't letting anyone stop him.

Because that would probably be the last thing that he'll do for her.

Takeomi wasn't able to stop himself and grabbed Wakasa's collar, pulling him aggressively closer in annoyance.

"Both of you two!!" He shouted, glaring at him then at Benkei. Bringing his eyes back to Wakasa's lilac ones, he spoke. "You think Y/N will be happy if she saw you like this?!" He can feel his heart clenching at the mention of the girl. He's breaking too. He still hasn't recovered from her death yet. And he's sure the other two feel the same way.

"Takeomi." Benkei spoke as if warning him when Wakasa remained silent. He was just staring at Takeomi blankly as if trying to hold in his anger silently. But Takeomi paid no heed to Benkei's warning and instead, continued.

"Y/N would never want you to go on the same path she has taken before. You know Kanto's intentions very well at this point. ARE YOU JUST GONNA IGNORE HER AGAIN?!" He shouted.

There was a second of silence until Takeomi felt a push on his chest, followed by a harsh impact on the side of his head. Next thing he knew, his vision was already spinning as he lost his balance. As soon as he fell to the ground is the moment he realized that Wakasa kicked him. But he had no time to react quickly as he was still in pain. Wakasa didn't waste a second and straddled him, raising his fist in the air and landing it directly at Takeomi's cheek with one strong blow.