Chapter 41: Run Away

YOUR POV

His words seem to process awfully slow in my mind.

"I'll run beside you."

Is something I had never expected to hear from someone like him. Caught in this situation, I don't even know what to feel at the moment. Everything is happening so suddenly but Waka's words had managed to repeat in my head on loop. It all felt so surreal. Like a dream I used to have. And now I heard it directly from him. I don't even know how to describe it. I don't even know how to put my emotions to words right now. All I can feel is the warmth that's engulfing my heart caused by his words.

Before I could say anything, a loud banging was heard. I had just realized that Calix kept on speaking outside, calling out to me only to be blocked by my ears for I got so caught up with Waka's words. Although we immediately realised that Calix is checking the room right in front of ours.

"Y/N!!" At his voice, I felt chills run down my spine, reacting displeasingly at his presence in this place. But as I took a step back in fear, a palm rested on my back. I whipped my head to Wakasa's direction and he's looking at me with eyes that are hard to read.

"It's okay. Don't be scared." His hand slid down to my hand, clasping it with his tightly. "You have me." Though he's trying to help me remain calm, the trembling of his long fingers didn't fail to go unnoticed. He look around the room as he whispered the words that made my heart leap. "I won't let him take you."

"But—"

"No buts." He glared, not giving me a chance to finish my sentence. "Fiancé or not. I'm not letting him have you." He then pulled me towards the open window where only one man was standing. Thinking of an idea in my mind, I look up to him and it seemed that he had the same thing in mind when he nod his head without a word.

The height from where we are to the ground isn't too high so it'll be safe for me to get down quick. With his help, I climbed up to the window while the guy below still had his back turned towards us. The house has been awfully quiet for some unknown reason and I turned my head to the side, eyeing the room through the dark surrounding. With the lights in the corridors on, I can see the shadows of multiple men standing in front of the room we're in through the small gap between the door and the floor where the light managed to seep through.

"Go. I'll be right behind you." I heard Waka's voice beside my ear and I turned to look at him, seeing that he's not lying. Trusting him, I turn towards the unaware man and without thinking twice, jumped right on him, knocking him to the ground. Before he could even shout for help or send a signal to the others, I averted my eyes and hoped for my ears to go deaf temporarily as I twisted his head in an abnormal way. The way I always did.

I didn't notice Wakasa was already behind me when his arm went past my side and reached out for the man's gun on the waist. I immediately stopped him before he could even lay a finger on it. He looked at me with a confused look on his face and I shook my head, no.

"Don't."

"Why?" He asked. Quickly, I took the gun and pull it away from him.

"Let me take care of that kind of thing. You're not a murderer, Imaushi." I checked the dead man for other weapons and found a swiss knife along with some bullets.

"Do you even know the situation we're in now?" He frowned at me. He's practically already glaring my way, clearly pissed that he's unarmed. It's not that I don't want him to have anything with him for self defense. I just don't want him to dirty his hands because of me. I can kill anyone without any hesitation. I can manage protecting him by myself. I'll kill anyone who'll try to harm him. But I can't allow him to do that kind of thing. "If you're thinking of my safety again, then let me remind you again that I can handle myself. I'm supposed to be the one protecting you."