Chapter 66: Meeting the Crazy Bastard Again

3RD PERSON'S POV

Pushing the wheels of her wheelchair, Y/N has been going in circles as she explored the place, looking for a certain someone. With a frown on her face from his sudden disappearance, she went to the kitchen where Katherine, her personal maid is.

"Katherine? Have you seen Gabriel? I haven't seen him for the whole day." It's already afternoon and usually she would already be greeted by Gabriel the moment she comes out of her room. It was weird to not see him around as she's aware he would only leave her side when there's something going on.

Katherine who was surprised to hear Y/N's voice behind her turned around quickly.

"Miss Y/N, you shouldn't be forcing yourself out of the bed. You're nearing your birth giving, it's risky to force yourself to do something without assistance." She let go of the plate she was holding and approached the woman. She has been overly protective of Y/N especially now that she's nearing in giving birth, knowing in her condition she needs to be attended to most of the time.

"I'm fine, Katherine. I can manage. You don't need to worry too much." Y/N waved her hand and smiled at her, not finding her reaction offensive at all, aware that she's only worried of her health. Katherine only shook her head quickly.

"Still." Going behind her, Katherine took hold of the wheelchair to guide Y/N as the rest of the maids went back to their focusing on their work. "Gabriel isn't here today. Your father called for him." She added, answering Y/N's question. At her response, Y/N immediately started to feel an uncomfortable twist in her stomach. Who knows? It might be another one of those pregnancy symptoms but surely it was causing her to become very uneasy.

"Really? Did something happen?" She tried to stay calm, not wanting to overthink further because of how it may affect the baby. Katherine looked at her. She knows the reason why Gabriel had left as he told her but she was also told to keep the information away from Y/N because she'll worry for sure.

Afterall, it's her father and lover who's going to go through a gruesome battle at this very day.

"I believe it's nothing for you to worry about. For sure, your father has his control over whatever situation it is." She said with a smile. "For now, you need to take care of yourself better. Come, I made something new. I learned it yesterday. I want you to be the first one to taste it." She assisted her to the table where she prepared Y/N her food.

Meanwhile far from their whereabouts, a loud explosion has erupted and disturbed the territory of Valencia. A raid occurred and now the battle has commenced. With everyone running around, fighting and killing in a very loud surrounding, Wakasa was among them like as if he belongs to their kind. Killing anyone going against him without a second thought.

He's indeed turned into a different person within months.

But as he was busy fighting one of the enemy's men out in the field, he sensed something from behind him. Immediately he moved his head to the side and was shockingly successful in avoiding the dagger that was thrown at his direction which is now buried right in the middle of the forehead of the person he was fighting.

His eyes darted to the one who sent the dagger his way and was not even a bit surprised to see a sickly familiar face. In the middle of the messy crowd, in front of him stood the person he expected to see in this battle.

Wakasa's gaze hardened in an instant.

Who could ever forget the face of a crazy bastard who wouldn't think twice to aim for their lives back then for fun?

"We meet again, huh?" Argus smiled from ear to ear in a creepy and chilling manner as he tilt his head to the side as if taunting Wakasa.

"You're that guy from before." He replied and crouched down to the dead body on the ground beside him, picking up the gun beside it. Argus on the other hand, watched his every move without daring to make a move. Wakasa stood back up slowly with his arms slightly swaying on his sides. As his eyes met Argus' gaze, he raised his arm and aimed the gun directly at Argus' direction.