Chapter 30: Apple of His Eye

3RD PERSON'S POV

The group of friends had to part ways when night arrived. While the other three went straight home, Wakasa and Y/N went on to their planned out time together. With beers on top of the table and the loud music echoing against the four walls of the colourful neon lit up room, the girl sang with her all, showing no care how embarrassing of a sight it can be as she danced to the beat, clearly drunk.

"Come on, Waka! You're the one who invited me, why aren't you singing??" She pouted when she noticed how long they have been in the place but it was only her who kept singing songs while the man only occupied himself with the snacks and drinks.

"You're the one who requested this. You know I'm not into this stuff." He waved his hand away when she tried to place the mic within his grip.

"Just try it!" She tried to convince him as she reached for the bottle of beer when a hand that's not hers beat her up to it. Her brows immediately almost formed a single line as she slowly turn to Wakasa.

"You're drinking too much." He stated, knowing what's in her mind. The girl only puffed her cheeks and stood up, grabbing hold of his wrist, forcing him to stand up.

"Come on and let loose, Waka. You're too worried. It's only us here, just enjoy." Despite her desperate attempts, Wakasa didn't budge and only sent her a judgemental look as if making fun of her non-existent strength in pulling him up.

Seeing as the man has no plans in standing up, she gave up and snatched the mic from him that was of no use when it was in his grasp.

"What was I even expecting?" She huffed at him but still sang loudly and carelessly to annoy him.

Beside her, Wakasa watched her with his chin resting on the back of his palm, blocking out the annoying noise she's creating in the room. All he could see in that moment is the girl sitting beside him. For him, it felt as if time stopped when his focus was on her. Even in this state of hers, without even trying to look elegant, in her own way, he looked pleasingly angelic in his eyes. With the neon lights hitting her face and the shadows perfectly casted on some parts, he can't help but adore her what seemed like ethereal visuals in his eyes.

Of course, the H/C haired girl has a lot of flaws and imperfections but to him, those flaws are the ones making her perfect as she is her own person. The apple of his eye.

"Oh—Waka... you smiled!" He snapped out of his thoughts once Y/N's voice on the speaker reached his ears. As he was pulled back to reality, that's when he realised the girl is already staring back at him with a shocked expression and jaw dropped to the floor.

"Huh?"

"You just smiled!" She even clapped out of pure joy and excitement. Seeing the man smile so soft when they're together is such a rare moment for her to witness. She can't help but think of the time she spot Wakasa with Fumiko when she thought she had never made him smile nor laugh in any genuine way. At least that's what she's been thinking. "Do it again!" She doesn't know what exactly caused him to smile the way he did earlier when she caught him smiling. She started to regret that she even told him, knowing he wouldn't do it again now that she's pointed it out.

"The hell?? Why would I?" Wakasa gave her a weird look, not knowing what's running in the girl's head.

"It's rare to see you smile like that! Come on! Do it again!" She shook him repeatedly. At her words, realization finally hit the man. Even back then, he never did openly showed her his emotions besides being annoyed and stoic all the time around her. And for what reason even? He can only remember that he's used to being annoyed at her that he chose to hide most from the girl, considering she'll tease him about it.