Prologue

I rush down the halls, looking for a certain light haired man.

Today's the day! The day that I'm going to fulfill my promise to myself. It's supposed to be after graduation but fuck it, I'm leaving early so I had to do it as soon as possible.

I've already passed every hallway in the school's building but found him nowhere. As I turn into a corner, I catch a glimpse of a familiar male walking towards the gates of the campus. A smile immediately crept up to my face and my heart started beating rapidly against my chest. There it is again. The nervousness and the butterflies in my stomach whenever I see that beautiful man. I turned around and quickly jog up to him.

"Wakaaaa!!" I called out excitedly while waving a hand in the air. To my dismay, he didn't seem to hear me calling as he didn't turn to look at me and so I fastened my pace. "Waka? Hey Waka~" I called with my usual teasing tone but still he kept his gaze forward. I pouted when I realized he's purposely ignoring my calls.

I ran to catch up with him and snaked my arm around his.

"Wakasa Imaushi—!!" I stiffened when I saw him clenching his jaw and his eyes straightly glaring to the front. The scowl on his face suddenly washed my confidence away as I started to get worried about what happened. He might be serious looking at all times but he gets scary when he's like this. I want to keep my mouth shut as to not worsen the situation but my voice did otherwise.

"Waka? Are you alright?" I heard him click his tongue in annoyance before running a hand on his messy tousled hair.

"Damn it, you're fucking annoying." I felt my heart drop at what he said. Though he can be mean at times and even though he always tells me how annoying I am but this time felt different. It's as if he really mean it. And somehow, catching off guard at his sudden rant, I felt a pang in my heart, knowing what he just said is what he really thought of me. I never thought of this before but seriously... it hurts. "I'm not in the mood to deal with you. Go home." There I felt it again. The sharp pain in my heart when he coldly shrug off my grip and walked ahead. The supposed to be butterflies in my stomach are now replaced with an uneasy twisting.

I was dumbstruck at what just happened that I can't seem to pull my feet to take a step forward and catch up to him. All I can pay attention to is my heart breaking at those simple words.

And right when I'm already planning to confess.

Fate really just loves crushing my confidence all the time. I wasn't expecting him to accept my feelings if I did manage to confess to him today but to have him straightly reject me even without having me take the first step yet was something I never thought of either.

I feel hurt.

With blurry eyes, I watch him fade into the distance and I could only let out a shaky breath, controlling my emotions. Before I knew it, I was already talking to myself trying to cope up with what just happened.

"Ahh maybe I should just tell him some other time." I convinced as I pull out my vibrating phone from my skirt's pocket and watched my father's name flash on my screen. "But..."

I picked up the call and placed it against my ear as I look up to the sky, feeling my warm tears threatening to fall down my cheeks.

"Yes?" I croaked out.

"Darling, Gabriel is on his way to pick you up. Your flight is tomorrow morning. I'm sorry I can't get you personally. I'm really busy with work. Make sure you stay safe, okay? I'll be waiting for your arrival tomorrow." He responded on the other line and I simply wiped the wet corners of my eyes.

"Okayy." Putting on a cheerful tone, I answered. My parents are divorced and I was taken into custody with my mother here in Japan but now that she's gone, my father wants me to live with him until I fully graduate in college. I'm excited to finally live with him as it's been so long since my last visit but to think that I'll be leaving my friends behind in this country makes me sick too.

"Alright, I gotta go now. I love you." He said and I sighed. He's always busy.

"Love you, too."

The call finally ended with the other line only going on multiple beeps. I blankly stare at the route Wakasa took and sigh. After all that convincing I did to myself, I nearly forgot that the reason I'm confessing to him today was because I'm already leaving tomorrow. I don't even know if I'll be returning anytime soon.

Will he find someone he'll love by the time I come back?

Maybe I shouldn't even tell him about it. After all, I'm already leaving.

I let out a sigh before smiling bitterly to myself.

"I guess I won't be telling him that anymore."

___________
Author's Note:
Wakasa's finally here! Lezzgaaaww

Song: Kimi Ni Saigo No Kuchizuke Wo by Majiko